Heckles & Mazziotto?

Started by Ramsfan80, May 27, 2014, 06:29:36 PM

Ramsfan80

Standing in turn 5 this past weekend at summit point I watched both Mark Heckles and Anthony Mazziotto both have wicked crashes coming out of 4. Had to put this out there and ask if anybody knows if they are alright. Mine and my families prayers are with the both of them.

roadracer162

Mazzini posted up on Facebook and seemed alright
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

SVbadguy

Neither was transported by ambulance.

And who wrote press release.  It says Heckles crashed in turn 3.  It also says the race was red-flagged.  I never threw a red flag post-lunch when I was corner captain for T1.  I was certainly waiting for the call to do so for both T4 crashes.  Everybody but Heckles got the checkered flag. Don't know why they scored it the way they did.

There was another big off in T1 that I think only us working the turn saw.  Wilson went off at full speed with no brakes during the LWGP.  He bailed at the last second.  He still hit the tire wall pretty good but he was OK, certainly shaken up.  The bike ended up on top of the tire wall.

On Sunday his brakes completely locked up in T5.  I picked him up in the crash truck.  Somebody else needs to do his brake work.
Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

Ramsfan80

Yeah nobody spectating was allowed at the inside of 1 all weeked. Kinda sucked as it was one of my favorite places to watch. Heckles caught a footpeg coming through 4, at least that's what it looked like, ended up missing the air fence by about 40-50 feet and went right into the tires. The bike actually ended up hitting the concrete post holding up the corner worker stand on the inside of turn 5. Brutal crash, hard to watch. Glad to hear he's doing alright, same with Mazziotto.

SVbadguy

Quote from: Ramsfan80 on May 27, 2014, 07:18:58 PM
Yeah nobody spectating was allowed at the inside of 1 all weekend.

Actually you could watch in T1.  Plenty of people did.  BSR wasn't enforcing it.  And as cornerworkers, not our problem if BSR doesn't want you there.  We, and as far as I can tell, CCS weren't the least bit concerned with spectators in T1.
Mid-Atlantic Region 

Ramsfan80

Quote from: SVbadguy on May 27, 2014, 07:22:32 PM
Actually you could watch in T1.  Plenty of people did.  BSR wasn't enforcing it.  And as cornerworkers, not our problem if BSR doesn't want you there.  We, and as far as I can tell, CCS weren't the least bit concerned with spectators in T1.

They enforced it when I tried haha. Got yelled at twice by the corner workers in 3, oh well ha. By the way great seeing your fzr out there. Absolutely love that bike

SVbadguy

If I was in T3 I wouldn't have cared.  What happening on my side of the fence is what matters.

Not my FZR, it's Mark's.  I'm not #3 anymore.  I do have it in my garage right now though since I'm taking it to VIR for him.
Mid-Atlantic Region 

gs750t

Weird about spectators this week end.  I always have spectators behind T4.  On Monday every time spectators came up, some government types came out from the Jefferson and chased them away.  My heart is still pumping from the visions at the bottom of the shoot!

Eric Kelcher

Quote from: SVbadguy on May 27, 2014, 07:08:49 PM
Neither was transported by ambulance.

And who wrote press release.  It says Heckles crashed in turn 3.  It also says the race was red-flagged.  I never threw a red flag post-lunch when I was corner captain for T1.  I was certainly waiting for the call to do so for both T4 crashes.  Everybody but Heckles got the checkered flag. Don't know why they scored it the way they did.

Not sure how the report got wrong corner, possibly from incident report?, but I do know that there was in inadvertent red flag thrown when ambulance flag was to be displayed for Heckles incident and ~ last half of the field came in to pit lane on white flag lap due to the red having been displayed in one or more corners.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

gs750t

I don't remember any red flag calls for the T4 incidents.

Ramsfan80

The heckles crash was on the last lap so they only flew the red/ambulance flag for the second half of the pack that came through. Which I'm assuming where the confusion comes in. As for the Mazziotto crash the bike ended up a ways away from the track while the rider climbed the hill on the inside of 5 and sat at the base of the corner worker stand, where the ambulance then picked him up, no red flag needed for that. But there was tons of confusion with the heckles crash. Some were waving yellows some reds were flying and some ambulance. It was mass confusion.

MAZZ77X

Just saw this and want to say......Thanks for the concern for Anthony. He walked away from that crash with out a scratch. Sore shoulder and body for a few days but that's all. Happy he was wearing the best safety gear available....... Very lucky kid!

Thank you,

The Mazziotto Family