News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Sorry in Advance

Started by MightyDuc Racing, May 07, 2003, 07:00:02 AM

MightyDuc Racing

For those of you that have enjoyed (probably very few of you...lol) reading my little race reports on this and other BBS sites, I won't be writing about them anymore probably.  I don't need the grief from people that don't know me, and have NEVER even seen me ride.  They even give me grief after the guys I was racing wheel-to-wheel with stuck up for me.  Thanks guys, by the way, for sticking up for me.  I'll just post mindless jibberish from time to time to pass times of boredom.  Sorry to those that liked reading my race reports. :-X
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

SliderPhoto

QuoteFor those of you that have enjoyed (probably very few of you...lol) reading my little race reports on this and other BBS sites, I won't be writing about them anymore probably.  I don't need the grief from people that don't know me, and have NEVER even seen me ride.  They even give me grief after the guys I was racing wheel-to-wheel with stuck up for me.  Thanks guys, by the way, for sticking up for me.  I'll just post mindless jibberish from time to time to pass times of boredom.  Sorry to those that liked reading my race reports. :-X

Do your thing, don't listen to the nay sayers. There are SO many people who do nothing but tear things down yet they can't get off their asses and make a contribution--it's much easier just sitting and throwing stones. Don't let them win.

MightyDuc Racing

It's like these nay-sayers don't want any new riders or any new enthusiasm for the sport. I'm fed up with it. :(
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

tigerblade

Quit yer whining or I'll give you the blue flag!   ;) ;D
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

MightyDuc Racing

I wouldn't go there...lol.  You're braver than me! :o
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

tigerblade

Braver?  Probably not.  Just have a thick skin.   ;)
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Dawn

Buck up boy or I will have to.....

Dawn   ;D

MightyDuc Racing

I usually have thick skin too.  I've taken some real lumps since joining the board.  Remember my first few posts?  However, when people that have never seen me or met me start calling me unsafe to other riders, I REALLY take offense.  Stu is the only one that had the right to even mention anything about that since he was at least there, but even he didn't see the incident in question.  And once again, how does saving a bike in a high speed turn with oil on the tire make me a bad rider.  If these other riders can say they've never seen any other bikes put oil down in a race, they're d i c k h e a d s.  It was a very small amount of oil, and I wasn't given a black flag until just as I crashed.  Oh yeah...not supposed to post anything with thought involved...la, da, la, da ladaladalada. ::)
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

MELK-MAN

haveing come over to my pit sunday and hearing both sides as steve was pitted with me, i have some input on the unsafe thing.. or do i??? yes, i do having a similar situation the month before. you were saying you were behind steve but getting ready to pass him. You said the most bizare thing after that though. "he should know my bike was faster than his at that part and should have left room.." i kinda understand it that steve was ahead and was protecting a line and it was up to you to show a wheel and make him aware you were there.
  similar situation with me last month. better drive out of 12, got along side in the straight and now im on the inside to the right hander for 13 - the guy HAD to see me as looking right thrhough the turn my bke would be along side, he gives no quarter and starts comming over and i backed off a bit and maybe shouldnt have as in backing off put my front wheel on his rear.. im going to loose that battle every time. Hes STILL comming over and over i go. I just was not 100% sure i had the lead into that turn though and thats why i did not go and 1) protest his eventual win, 2) have any words at all with him. I just wasnt sure if it was my line to take.
  I wasnt out there.. im just giving you my perspective on a similar situation. I dont think you were in front of Steve however at that point and NO WAY does he have to leave room for you just because you have a faster bike..
  Get that thing put back together for moroso..
greg
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

MightyDuc Racing

And alot of my words were made with adrenaline and anger coming out.  I told Steve immediately that I wasn't mad, just that I thought he had seen me and I would've hoped for a little room.  Either way, we both decided it was a no-fault deal.  I learned from it and I think so did he.  What I meant when I said the faster bike deal was that he knew I was coming and shouldn't have been as surprised when he did finally see my wheel.  I now agree that it was probably his line still, even though I got next to him, and it wasn't the best place to pass.  I'm learning. ;)  Can't wait till Moroso.  What kind of times were you running there last time Greg?
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

MightyDuc Racing

Remember, this was my very first time dicing for the lead in a road race, and also my first time making contact and heading off into the woods.  I over-reacted a bit, but am I the only person in history guilty of that?  At least I admit it. :D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

SliderPhoto

QuoteI usually have thick skin too.  I've taken some real lumps since joining the board.  Remember my first few posts?  However, when people that have never seen me or met me start calling me unsafe to other riders, I REALLY take offense.  ...

I guess I missed the drama...

I like reading peoples' race reports, but yeah people are going to comment based one what they read whether they have seen you race or not.