I NEED RACING INFO .

Started by Jonzy55, November 28, 2013, 02:29:03 AM

Jonzy55

I am new to the Racing Scene you could say, So I really could use someone one to talk to about they things I need to do in order to be able to race, I have been riding bikes my entire life. I have owned sport bikes of all sizes, I currently ride an R1 but Im looking to buy another bike just for racing. Just looking for pointers in the right direction, someone that can feed me some advice to further this journey and long time dream of mine. I have been wanting to race for a very very long time, and I truly believe have what it takes in my heart to make this happen and enjoy it. So if someone is willing please contact this post please, I will add you to facebook or something so I can further discuss my questions as far as the racing scene. Thank you

Eric Kelcher

Here is link to new racers information package. It will get you started with info with links to license clinics broken down by locale.
http://www.ccsracing.us/forms/2013/license/2013%20new%20rider%20packet.pdf

I can help answer questions about bike prep, classes, and race day info.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Burt Munro

You might want to post up where you live too. There's a good chance you might have someone living near you who races and would be a great resource. Most racers out there like to talk about what they do and would be willing to get you started in the right direction. You never know, you might find someone close by that you could travel to the track with.

Good luck!
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

mattbnj

If you are new to the track scene, i would recommend doing some track days to get your feet wet. If you've been doing the track day thing for a while and want to jump into racing, then the general consensus would be to get a good lightweight bike like an SV650 and have at it. They are relatively cheap to race, and are considered a good bike to learn on. Make sure you have good gear, your bike meets the tech requirements as stated in the racer guide, and come focused to compete. If you are coming to the track by yourself, don't worry. You'll find most people will be more than happy to help guide you thru the process. It may be a bit intimidating at first, but once you go thru the process a couple of times you will be ok. If you have any specific questions, post it here and i'll be happy to help.

Matt