Spec Class Racing (250cc stock class) weekend review PBIR 10/2013

Started by CHIRINOM, October 12, 2013, 09:08:48 PM

CHIRINOM

From Spec Class Racing (www.facebook.com/specclassracing). Spec class racing is a Florida based AMA charter club which is dedicated to promoting 250 Stock style racing within the USA. In keeping the engines stock and limiting the displacement and modifications to the bike, we achieve true machine parity and very low cost to campaign. In doing so, we allow riders of all backgrounds and aspirations a chance to participate and show case their skill.

This weekend we welcomed new comers Corey Peterman and Mike Weickert. For both days, the weather was overcast with very light scattered showers.

For Ultra Light Thunder Bike, it was Miguel Chirino with the whole shot, followed closely by Lucas Silva and Sabrina La Paz. Walter Ferreyra put in an impressive charge after starting from the back. Ferreyra set the fastest time of the race which was 1:36.179, one second faster than the leader. Kyle Andersen put in a good run and battled with La Paz for fourth place. Battling for sixth position was Bill Wissinger and Andres Daniel Villaba. Frank De La Renta was in pursuit followed by Tony Montenegro. Closing out the field was Mike Weikart. Chirino managed to open a small gap between Silva and himself while Ferreyra closed in on Silva. Ferreyra was able to over take Silva in a last lap last turn maneuver which enabled him to produce just enough drive to tuck in behind and over take Silva, inches before the checkered flag.

Ultra Light Thunder Bike Race Results:

1.Miguel Chirino
2.Walter Ferreyra
3.Lucas Silva
4.Sabrina La Paz
5.Kyle Andersen
6.Andres Daniel
7.Bill Wissinger
8.Frank De laRenta
9.Tony Montenegro
10.Mike Weikhart

For 250 Spec (GTUL), once again it was Chirino off of the line first. This time Chirino put his head down and created a gap between himself and the rest of the field, lapping in the 1:36's. Battling for second position was Silva and La Paz. The man on the move was Andersen, who was making up lost time after suffering a bad start. Ferreyra suffered a low side crash while going into one. Ferreyra was able to pick it up and continue; however fell one lap behind. The race for fifth place was between Wissinger and Montenegro, both riders picked up the pace for this race. The race for seventh was between Daniel and De La Renta followed by new comers Weikart and Peterman.

250 Spec (GTUL) Bike Race Results

1.Miguel Chirino
2.Lucas Silva
3.Sabrina La Paz
4.Kyle Andersen
5.Tony Montenegro
6.Bill Wissinger
7.Frank De laRenta
8.Andres Daniel
9.Mike Weikhart
10.Peterman Corey
11.Walter Ferreyra

The next 250 Spec Race will be at Homestead Speedway December 7-8. We look forward to seeing you there.

Thank you to our sponsors, supporters, and fans: Henry Degouwe, Sporthaul Trailers, Top 1 oil, MOD cycles, Moto-tech Racing, and our newest sponsor TT Motorsport.
Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

fdlr248

I was out of my Zone at PBIR, a bad start on the first race and leather to tide. on my second race I don't know what I was thinking of!