looking for reviews of the kaw 636

Started by charliev, May 06, 2003, 03:00:39 PM

charliev

Anyone out there on a 03 636 can give me the pro's and con's over my 01 r6. one pulled me out of the turns this weekend got me thinking of tradeing the r6. are they that much better to justify money spent?
Hey M ducky maybe you should no payments till Jan.

OmniGLH

My teammate has one... DanO5150 here on the board.  If he doesn't respond here try shooting him a PM.  

In short: He went from an '00 R6 to a '03 636.  He likes it so much he's contemplating getting a 2nd one for the street.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

sdiver68

They suck, stay away, buy the ZX-6RR  ;)

Seriously, though, Roadracingworld, Motorcyclist, and Cycle World have all reviewed it...and everyone that has them loves them so far.

Class leading HP, weight, and brakes...what's not to like?  the only disadvantage I see is it will take a few months for all the race parts to come available and enough people racing them for common knowledge to propogate on setup, but that doesn't seem to be slowing down Hayden ;)
MCRA Race School Instructor

Jkf95

Last weekend at Jennings was the first time out for my 636.  With stock suspension and gearing I improved my lap times 2-3 seconds over my F4.  It was very comfortable from the start.  Brakes are excellent.  Have Ohlins on the way and look forward to getting it dialed in.  

It's got great midrange and top end power.  Wished I had proper gearing for that track.

BTW...if your running SE region...  don't buy one.
 :)  

DanO966

So far I like it.  Ya it's fast!  Even faster w/ fuel.  
Brakes are awesome!  I'm running stock pads and lines still :o
Chassis nees a bit of work but just some tweaking.  I'm running a hyperpro shock and I had 4&6 do my forks.  I got it working pretty good tho.  Tho I may step up and have 4&6 optimize my bike.  I like it so far tho!  
Last year my best BHF lap was 1:16.10 two weekends ago in 30 degree weather I put down a 1:15.96.  So ya I'm going faster but NOT fast ENOUGH....lol
But Ya I like it so far!!
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

charliev

Well i am on my way to pick it up. Quick come up with some excuses for when my wife comes home!

spyderchick

It followed me home, can we keep it? It's so cute and I'll take care of it all by myself! Really it won't be any problem at all! I promise. I'll make sure it gets riden regularly and I'll change it's oil and you won't have to do a thing....honest. Can we keep it?? Please, please please? I'll be super-good!
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

StumpysWife

Throw new shoes at her to distract her.  Multiple pairs.  Cute ones, too.  Works every time.  Ask Stumpy. ;D

Actually he'll probably tell you I'm very tolerant of the spontaneous bike purchase.  A "ride" to Green Bay a couple of summers ago on his F3 brought him home on a nice, shiny, red, new 929.  I do love it.  And he did call me after he bought it.  Plus he just couldn't pass up the deal they were offering him! ;)

Dawn

"Honey... with this bike I won't need to get another for AT LEAST another five years or so...."

Yep, I've heard that one already.   ::)

Dawn   :)

sdiver68

Dano,

I just noticed your tag line...me too!  :(

I hope they at least feel bad when they scrape me up from trying to keep up  :-/
MCRA Race School Instructor