Putnam with "the other guys"

Started by tshort, May 05, 2003, 05:50:51 AM

tshort

Was down at Putnam Park near Indy this last weekend racing with that southern mob of racers.  Putnam is the best track I've run on anywhere (haven't been to that many - but it really is fun) - totally a rhythm track.

Well, those southern guys and gals are tough - the AM fields in my classes were larger than what we had at RA a couple weeks ago, and it was a lot harder to get to anywhere near the front.

All in all it was a blast - lots of racing, and another worn out rear tire  - that didn't last long.

Anyway, here's hoping for no rain at BHF - c'mon Chief, give us a break. :)
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

oh344ccs

What classes did you race?  I was there # 344.  I felt like I got smoked.  My lap times were the same as the top 3's after I cleared traffic, but that just took me too damn long :-[.  I ended up 4th in MW solo 20, then like 9, 8, 7 in my other classes.  I'm writing that one off to lack of seat time on my new bike. ;D

tshort

I was on an SV, so I raced LW and MW Solo 20 - ended up finishing 10th in the MW against all you 600 guys, which I was pretty happy about.

On Sunday raced in D Super, F2, CORC,  LW Twins, and HW Twins.  

Same thing for me - I was so far back in traffic on the grid, I spent the whole race trying to get around slower traffic so I could chase leaders.  Best finish was 3rd in D Superbikes.  Love that track, tho.
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

oh344ccs

Yeah, I thought the track was cool, I had never ridden there, so I was happy the first time at the track I got into the 16's.  I wish I could make BHF this weekend, I went there once last year and ran mostly 17's but got a few 16's in there on a stock 750 gixxer.  With the new pavment and on my new R6, I think I could better those times.  Plus Baker could help me set up my suspention, he did the forks and got my shock, But I have no clue how to set it up properly ???.  
    So you were right behind Ike on an SV?
    At RA?  Seems like that 600 should have eaten you up there.

Chef

40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

tshort

Quotetom has an sv1350

:-X

ike

SHHHHHHH!  Hush up - supposed to be double secret works project. 8)
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

GSXR RACER MIKE

Putnam is definately 1 of my favorite tracks! Too bad CCS doesn't use that track anymore, it totally kicks butt! From what I remember there were some issues with track management and CCS that resulted in Putnam being dropped from our schedule. I really wish we had that track back.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

harb990

Putnam would make much more sense to use as a Great Plains track versus Gingerman

sdiver68

Well, there are strong rumors we will get Putnam back.  ;D

WERA is having problems with them, to the point where the track owners and WERA officials were name calling across their BBS.  WERA has already pulled their national.

Yes, Putnam is only 4 hours from the St. Louis "home" of the GP region.  Actually, closer than BHF or any other track outside of Gateway.

MCRA Race School Instructor

tigerblade

Name calling on the WERA bbs?  I don't believe that for a second...   ::)   ;)
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Super Dave

QuoteWERA is having problems with them, to the point where the track owners and WERA officials were name calling across their BBS.  WERA has already pulled their national.BHF or any other track outside of Gateway.

I think the issue might be the owners of the track.  Strange, by the things I have heard.  

Maybe there just won't be any motorcycle racing there.  Could go to IRP?  
Super Dave