Map

CCS / ASRA Racing Forum

Author Topic: Regina chain rivet link  (Read 4070 times)

ccs354

Regina chain rivet link
« on: May 16, 2002, 08:58:38 am »
I have a Regina ORD X-Ring 520 chain.  I got the rivet master link.  

I have not been able to notice a change in the head of the rivet links no matter how hard I crank down on the rivet tool (Motion Pro rivet tool).  The rivet posts are solid and it seems nearly impossible to "mushroom over" the edges.  I have tried as hard as I can by hand and without putting an extension on the wrench (which I don't really want to do).  I can see a slight depression in the tip of the rivets from the rivet tool, but that is about it.  

Has anyone had any experience with this chain or a master link like it?  Do you know what the specs are on the flare of the rivet link?  

Thanks.
Dislike
Agree
Disagree
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CBRman93

Re: Regina chain rivet link
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2002, 08:17:10 pm »
I have used Regina chains for the past several years and put them on myself without riveters, etc. The best thing I found to mushroom the rivet is a ball peen hammer. Just take care not to damage the links since using a hammer is not delicate nor precise. My last two chains lasted for a very long time and I have had no problems.

Ben
CCS#501
NESBA #132
Dislike
Agree
Disagree
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wally600

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2002, 03:02:10 pm »
I doesn't take much, if you try to see it mushroom its almost at the point of breaking it.  It's probably good if you said you cranked on it real hard.  I broke one doing the same thing your doing.
Dislike
Agree
Disagree
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ysr612

• Backmarker
  • gtmtonline.com
    • gow home page
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2002, 01:23:01 am »
yes read the directions there is a sharp point on the expander it doesnt' take much to keep the side plate on.  do not destroy the oring.  the post looks about the same after expanding then before.
Dislike
Agree
Disagree
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions