News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Ultra Light Thunder Bike (Ninja 250 race) Daytona 2012 Write up.

Started by CHIRINOM, October 28, 2012, 03:45:43 PM

CHIRINOM

Wow what a weekend last week end at the race of Champions!

I wanted to give a shout out to all of the Ultra Light Thunder bike riders who made it out to the Race of Champions this year and those who will be joining us for 2013.

Credit is definitely due to all of the ULTB racers. They have taken a newly implemented class which did not have a strict rules package, created a gentleman's agreement to limit their modifications making the racing affordable, and created one of the largest grids of the weekend. After reviewing the race results posted on the CCS web site, it appears that out of 59 classes, the Ultra Light Thunder bike grid was roughly equal or greater than 30 of the classes run at Daytona. That is big! It should also be noted that the speeds that were achieved by these machines were well over what was expected of them with Bruce Berry recording over 106 MPH. Walter Ferreyra, the race winner did not record his speed but was definitely running faster than 106 MPH.

Thank you to CCS for allowing us the opportunity to race and to show you that there is a desire to run 250's under a limited displacement / modification format. We look forward to providing our input in regard to the 2013 ULTB rules and we look forward to racing in 2013.

Race Results:

1. Walter Ferreyra (Kaw EX250), 5 laps
2. Bruce Barry (Kaw EX250)
3. Miguel Chirino (Kaw EX250)
4. Carl Goutell (Kaw EX250)
5. Jerry Kozik (Kaw EX250)
6. Sabrina Lapaz (Kaw EX250)
7. Paul Vance (Kaw EX250)
8.Michael Perry (Yam 250)
9.Dom Herrera (Kaw EX250)

The last race of the CCS Florida season will be at Homestead Speedway December 1-2.
Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

cajun636

Hmmmmmmm..... What was the gentleman's agreement?   A EX with a pipe and a jet kit isn't going to do 106 without a downhill even on race gas. 

roadracer162

Downhill would be down the banking of Daytona. Consider it is approximately 3 stories high although my guess is they didn't go that high. GPS is the best method of recording speed.

It was also mentioned in another thread where one bike was recorded doing 97 mph at PBIR a local track in Florida.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

CHIRINOM

Quote from: majicMARKer on October 28, 2012, 07:08:43 PM
Downhill would be down the banking of Daytona. Consider it is approximately 3 stories high although my guess is they didn't go that high. GPS is the best method of recording speed.

It was also mentioned in another thread where one bike was recorded doing 97 mph at PBIR a local track in Florida.

Some of us were using the entire banking and others were staying low. I recorded 104 on my Pro Track Guides supplied GPS unit. I ran one tooth longer than I ran at PBIR. I have not invested in a full exhaust yet and I was running 87 Octain.
Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

vance

Keep the cheater talk over on the wera board where it belongs, unless you're specifically calling out Carl, then it's cool.  :blahblah:

Gino230

ANY class that can grow the sport in an economical fashion must be good! Looked like you guys were having a blast out there and that's what it's all about!
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

banzai1

Quote from: CHIRINOM on October 28, 2012, 11:41:44 PM
Some of us were using the entire banking and others were staying low. I recorded 104 on my Pro Track Guides supplied GPS unit. I ran one tooth longer than I ran at PBIR. I have not invested in a full exhaust yet and I was running 87 Octain.
Hey Miguel, check it:
http://loudwire.com/testament-overkill-more-to-embark-on-2013-dark-roots-of-thrash-tour/