News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

What makes a good tire vender? Let me tell you.

Started by kvanengen, September 24, 2012, 10:43:45 AM

kvanengen

What makes a good tire vender? Let me tell you how I see it. Of course a vender who provides a quality tire at a reasonable price would be a good reason. However, this weekend with a few championships on the line I found a better reason. SERVICE!

About half way through my 2nd of 4 races on Sunday, I could feel that my rear tire was just about finished. It certainly would have been a high risk move to run with my competitors (Key & Evans) at that pace with the current rear tire I had. Technically all I needed to do was one lap and come in to carry the championships, but what fun would that be. I don't spend the time and money I do to ride around one lap and come in. So immediately after coming off the track from my 2nd race I rode my bike over to my tire vender. In a bit of a panic, (understanding I was a very erratic at this point) knowing my next race was in about 12-15 minutes I shouted through my helmet towards Dustin (Vender)"I'm up in 15 and I need a new rear. Blue? Green? Whatever. I just need something". I took off to my pits, ripped off my rim and back to Dustin I go cutting in front of cars and pedestrians. Again, I realize I was erratic at the time. Long story short, Dustin dropped what he was doing and made it happen! I was able to get the rim back on my bike just in time to make my race.

And that my friends is what makes a tire vender a tire "good" vender. Thanks to Dustin and Megan with CyclePath Racing, I was able to get back on the track and finish the year off right. That means finish the last race on track with friends having a great time pushing each other to the very end. And that's what it's all about!

With the service Dustin and Megan provided me with this year, I'm happy to say that next year I'll once again be running Pirelli tires purchased through CyclePath Racing.

Falco

Dustin and Megan are great folks.  I had him put a new rear on a spare wheel but a crash at T6 ended my racing season before I had a chance to get the new tire.  He promptly removed the tire and sold it to someone else.  No questions asked.  I like those two and the dogs.
MW CCS #144 Am

bruce71198

I've had nothing but pleasant expieriences with Dustin over the past 4 seasons, not to mention the quality and performance of the Pirelli tires! Thanks for another awsome season Dustin !

TEvans

I couldn't agree more and will echo Kevin's comments! The whole crew has been fantastic to work with and I look forward to continuing my relationship with them.

Dustin and Megan,
Please extend my thanks to your entire crew.

Kevin,
Thanks for getting this thread started, I am sure Dustin and Megan will appreciate the comments.

design-engine

Dustin don't offer those discounts tho.  ;)     I wish Pirelli offered contingency.  Maybe next year.

red900

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond but i really appreciate the acknowledgement Kevin.  I know everyone thinks its the Glitz and Glam that makes us want to work so hard for the racers, but its really not.  It is totally, 100%, the incredible feeling I get when my racers are happy.  When you guys meet your goal, drop a second, win a race, or make an unbelievable save.  It is those moments that i feel as though i was able to be a part of your team and we did it together.  I deeply love being a part of my customers racing team......

Have a Happy Holiday Kevin..

Dustin Boyd
Cyclepathracing
Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

ekraft84

Dustin is definitely one of the good guys out there for sure.  He's a great tire vendor to have - I wish he was at all of our events.
Eddie Kraft - #48
Witchkraft Racing
Honda East Racing - Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Aprilia

RoyHefner

I've been running Pirelli tires since 2008 and during that time I've had nothing but outstanding service from Dustin, Megan, Greg, and the entire crew at Cyclepath Racing.  Many thanks to you all!  I look forward to working with you again next season!
Roy Hefner
CCS / ASRA  #163
J.O.S. Motorsports, MCC, Pirelli, Vortex, Silkolene