Hello Guest

$5 gate fee increase at BFR?

• 4 Replies

gixxer188

+24/-16
    • MadisonSportBikes.com LLC
$5 gate fee increase at BFR?
« on: September 06, 2012, 09:56:25 am »
What's this I'm hearing about an additional $5 gate fee increase to hire a rent-a-cop to watch the track in the evenings during CCS events at BFR because of a BFR/CCS Employee/Staff member driving a vehicle on the track after hours during the last CCS event?  I call BS!
Dislike
Agree
Disagree
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MadisonSBK.com Online Store
MadisonSBK Racing - Owner/Racer
2012 CCS Midwest Regional Formula 40 Champion
2012 Blackhawk Farms Raceway Formula 40 Track Champion

supercarl

+11/-2
  • AKA The Pool Boy
    • Super C Racing Facebook Page
Re: $5 gate fee increase at BFR?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 10:02:35 am »
What? no way....I'd understand an increase if it was a racer that had gone on the track again after hours because CCS employees have told us time and time again it would go up if people kept doing it. But if it increased because a CCS staff member did it?? Come on, kinda hypocritical there. Is this really true?
Dislike
Agree
Disagree
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Super Carl Soltisz #620 facebook.com/supercracing
Sponsors: Michelin, Sportbike Tire Service, TSE, Nexx WrecksNRestorations, Vortex, Moto-D, Pop Shadow, Galfer, Spy, Armor Bodies, GoPro, Sidi, AGV Sport, MotoNation, Hindle, Motion Pro, Zero Gravity, Bernat PC, GP Tech, & All Balls Racing

kozikracing

+4/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 11:06:57 am »
I'm with Supercarl on that.  At the last rider's meeting at BFR in August, they specifically said IF it happened again, they would require everyone to pay an additional $5 gate fee to offset the cost of a sheriff's deputy or "rent-a-cop" to stay the weekend to babysit. I hadn't heard that anyone violated the rules again???  Come on guys and gals, why would ANYONE, I don't care WHO it was, jeopardize our chances to race at Blackhawk (or any track for that matter) by breaking the rules? Those rules are in place for everyone's safety.   :biggrin: 
Dislike
Agree
Disagree
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Kollin Kozik #626 Expert
2012 Midwest Amateur Middleweight Supersport, Amateur Middleweight GP and Amateur GTU Champion
Jerry Kozik #271 Expert  - Ninja 250/Yamaha FZ600

Woofentino Pugrossi

+1627/-388
  • I wike my Pug-maha Mutt-1
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 09:20:37 pm »
Isnt CCS's doing, track management is who said it. Thing is its been going on a long time. Why do you think we have to register pit vehicles? Because too many adult aged "children" just couldnt behave. CCS should had been tossing some serious fines a long time ago and maybe going as far as tossing people out who were repeats.

This scat has to stop period. Track could just come out and say no more pit vehicles period. Almost happened once.
Dislike
Agree
Disagree
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

supercarl

+11/-2
  • AKA The Pool Boy
    • Super C Racing Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 11:07:01 am »
I agree its def gotta stop. Dont want to lose my pit vehicles!!!  :ahhh:

If it was another racer, not a CCS employee, going on the track after hours again, you guys really got to cut it out!  :banghead:  Racing is expensive enough as is. I know an extra $5 wont break the bank, but the costs really start to add up for us poor college kids  :wah: . Especially poor thirsty college kids that need beer money! $5 = like 5 beers!

Tell you what. Ill bring my xbox and copy of pocketbike racer to the next event so when everyone starts drinking and wants go race pitbikes on the track you can do it on the xbox and not get us in trouble. I have mariokart too. Just a suggestion  :cheers:   :biggrin:
Dislike
Agree
Disagree
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Super Carl Soltisz #620 facebook.com/supercracing
Sponsors: Michelin, Sportbike Tire Service, TSE, Nexx WrecksNRestorations, Vortex, Moto-D, Pop Shadow, Galfer, Spy, Armor Bodies, GoPro, Sidi, AGV Sport, MotoNation, Hindle, Motion Pro, Zero Gravity, Bernat PC, GP Tech, & All Balls Racing