News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

ATTENTION ALL BFR RACERS FOR THIS WEEKEND

Started by Doctor, June 28, 2012, 05:37:52 PM

Doctor

"BFR made immediate repairs yesterday  to turn 1 and 7 as a temporary fix until the week of July 16th when the paving will be completing redone.

We appreciate your patience.

BFR Management."
Wisconsin SportBikes Racing Team, Zone Photo, Dunlop, MotoVid.com, Blackhawk Farms Raceway

Jim Lilly
CCS Ex #703

Woofentino Pugrossi

Damn I just set my suspension up for mogels. :lmao:
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

supercarl

So what kind of damage was done? and does anyone have pictures of this "temporary fix"?
Super Carl Soltisz #620 facebook.com/supercracing
Sponsors: Michelin, Sportbike Tire Service, TSE, Nexx WrecksNRestorations, Vortex, Moto-D, Pop Shadow, Galfer, Spy, Armor Bodies, GoPro, Sidi, AGV Sport, MotoNation, Hindle, Motion Pro, Zero Gravity, Bernat PC, GP Tech, & All Balls Racing

bruce71198

From what I understand the new surface was starting to "erode" . the repair is as good as the track was at the start of the season. A  complete new surface is on the way. I dont think it could be any worse than seasons past ( rumble strips in the center of the track ). Paul, the track owner is a racer himself and has made every effort to provide a suitable racing surface,

tevbax

Great! Even a month ago, if you werent tight to the inside line, and went through the mogul field.... it was an experience.

Cheers for some new pavement!!

:cheers:
CCS AM 217

Burt Munro

I'm guessing that the "improvements" made during the off-season didn't stand up to the wear and tear from cars using the track, correct?
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: Burt Munro on June 29, 2012, 02:05:49 PM
I'm guessing that the "improvements" made during the off-season didn't stand up to the wear and tear from cars using the track, correct?

From what I was understanding, its possible the pavers used street asphault instead of the high strength stuff used for race tracks.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

bruce71198

Super Dave

Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi on June 29, 2012, 04:27:00 PM
From what I was understanding, its possible the pavers used street asphault instead of the high strength stuff used for race tracks.
Heat this weekend should make that exciting.  I know Milroy already fell down in T1 earlier today. 
Super Dave

Jiggyfly

Rode there today.......won't be racing tomorrow, due to track conditions.
It's the worst I've ever seen it, but I wasn't here for the WERA round. There's a 12" or so strip that's "good", & if you dare to test the waters outside of that, you're likely to get a ride in the crash truck.

IMO, it's horrible.
But............the conditions are the same for everyone! :D

bruce71198

I take back what I said about the track owner providing a suitable racing surface ! Raced there yesterday, I lacked confidence in 7 and 1. Lap times down considerably !!

Jwhite316

Quote from: bruce71198 on July 02, 2012, 10:28:06 AM
I take back what I said about the track owner providing a suitable racing surface ! Raced there yesterday, I lacked confidence in 7 and 1. Lap times down considerably !!

Me too, that was scary stuff.
Well how could there be two number 1's? It'd be number 11 then?