News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

06 r6 exhaust options help

Started by spinblue, May 20, 2012, 05:43:06 PM

spinblue

I had a low slide at BHF on Friday and while I only got a bruised finger tip, the exhaust mid-pipe and can took a beating. The headers look very good with no apparent distortion. The right clip-on bar snapped in half but that was easily fixed. Rear peg ground down, but that's an easy fix too. I need to try and fix the Sharkskinz lower fairing or find another one.

The exhaust is a full Ti Graves with Ti can with matched pciii map for BMC race filter, came on the bike when I bought it from a racer. It appears that Graves doesn't sell the mid-pipe. I'm hoping there's some way to use the headers, get some kind of mid-pipe and a can. Ideally, with easily replaceable parts should this happen again. I don't need absolute performance or weight savings, because my racing level doesn't justify that need. I would like to stay in the same performance class if possible. I'm not concerned with "how" it might sound sweet or guttural but I am about function.

It looks like exhausts are the same for 2006 through 2011, this may give me more options for parts availability.

Options I've come up with so far:
1.   Use existing headers, get replacement mid pipe and can
2.   OEM headers with performance y or mid pipe with slip on can
3.   Buy a used or new full system – clearance/specials/etc...
4.   Cut off mangled can inlet and rivet on another functional can inlet – don't even know if this is possible.

Then started thinking maybe cut off just the mangled part and get a can inlet welded on. Or possibly a Y pipe to replace this thing. I'm open to other options/ideas.

Thanks for the insight and experience.