News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Helmet Wounds

Started by Merk, April 29, 2003, 08:33:28 AM

Merk

Hey Gang,

I can't seem to find information on where to send my helmet  to Arai.  I was fortunate enough to skid across some pavement this weekend and I scuffed my helmet.  I know that helmets are only meant to take one blow, then throw them away...but my head didn't hit that hard at all.  Just a scuff on the side, really.  I am wondering if anyone has that info for Arai.  I believe they examine the helmet for free and will ship it back to you if it's OK.  Or are there other options?  Can I examine the helmet myself and check for damage...  The inside shell is painted black - I I read somewhere that if you see white lines showing through anywhere throw it away.  Does this mean that if I don't see white lines showing through that it's good?  Maybe I should just be safe and send it in.  Any info is appreciated.  Thanks.

Chef

just wipe it off....

and dont fall anymore    :)
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

Merk

I like that advice best!  Crashing sucks - in the past it's either been 1) the helmet never touched the ground or 2) Yep, I'm seeing double and my helmet is clearly smashed.     This time it definately hit the ground...but not that hard.

I think I'll just stop crashing.  Yeah, let's go with that one :)

I'll probably buy a back-up helmet, then send my Arai in just to make sure.