News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

ccs office, overall reginal points?

Started by MELK-MAN, April 10, 2012, 06:40:36 PM

roadracer162

I don't think the regional points are correct at least in the class' I am racing
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

LoneStar

Quote from: majicMARKer on May 15, 2012, 05:48:19 PM
I don't think the regional points are correct at least in the class' I am racing

No.  They are horribly wrong.

It looks like I didn't even run at NJMP.  No points for the round at all.
CCS AM #134 - Ducati 848 - www.facebook.com/FullerMoto
2012 CCS Atlantic SuperTwins AM Champion
2012 CCS Mid-Atlantic SuperTwins AM Champion
2012 CCS Summit Point SuperTwins AM Track Champion

metricdevilmoto

This is beyond frustrating. As someone who is currently managing a team of 10 active CCS racers (and also doing a little racing myself) the scoring system this year is causing more than a few problems.

I have reports to file with sponsors. I have commitments to them to keep them posted on what we are doing, what our results were and what we plan to do. Not knowing points standings or even waiting for a week or more after an event to view lap times and results makes this difficult. And it also effects future plans. Points determine our travel schedule. Some guys have to schedule time off of work. And that's just what I'm dealing with; I'm sure there are more than a few guys in my position. And maybe I could figure out overall points a little easier if the round totals were even correct. However, according to the online totals, we may as well have not showed up for NJMP.

I also run a shop and have many CCS racers as customers. I know my viewpoint is not unique.

And my need to file reports to fulfill sponsorship agreements shouldn't supersede the position of the guy showing up with a bike in the back of his truck trying to put a season together who wants to know where he stands. On average, when racers are spending (on the low end) $1000/weekend to show up and race (granted, only a percentage of that is entry fees), keeping an accurate record of how they did should be part of the package.

Past experience has taught me that emails to CCS will go unanswered. It doesn't look like this thread is getting anywhere either.

Please, let's get this problem resolved. If the overall goal is to grow this thing, we need an accurate record of it even happening. Many track day riders reference the results and lap times. Track day riders are potential racers. Aside from them being at the track, the web is where they can go to see how their friends did and look at the results.

I understand management's reluctance to have a presence on this forum, but we need some feedback. We need some confirmation that something better is in the works. I know of a few CCS racers that have offered to help that have not received replies.

And while we're at it, online registration would be nice.  :thumb:
Mike Faillace, #610 AM
Metric Devil Moto, Team Pro-Motion, Penske, DesignStar3, Pirelli, Full Spectrum Power, Heroic Racing Apparel

tug296

Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

MELK-MAN

get rid of the performance index bull pucky.. it is a waste and doesn't do what it was intended to do. Riders can still enter a ton of races and pull off championships without running every round, nor winning every race. It also keeps some from entering races they would otherwise perhaps enter for fear of hurting the overall championship score if they do poorly in that one race (that class you ran 1 race in.. counts as much toward your overall p.i. as classes you ran 10 races in).
DOING AWAY with the PI altogether would SIMPLIFY our overall points! Add em up, done.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

metricdevilmoto

That's a start. The PI is irrelevant.
Mike Faillace, #610 AM
Metric Devil Moto, Team Pro-Motion, Penske, DesignStar3, Pirelli, Full Spectrum Power, Heroic Racing Apparel

twojays258

I have been waiting several months for a reply to why I am not receiving my Roadracing world subscription that I paid for with my license. I was told two months ago by Eric they were looking into it and my last monthly email three weeks ago went unanswered. I am not surprised they cant straighten out the point issue when a simple issue like a magazine subscription can't get worked out. I am really loosing faith in CCS. Henry branch off and start your own series!

hdpromos

Quote from: twojays258 on May 17, 2012, 09:39:27 AM
I have been waiting several months for a reply to why I am not receiving my Roadracing world subscription that I paid for with my license. I was told two months ago by Eric they were looking into it and my last monthly email three weeks ago went unanswered. I am not surprised they cant straighten out the point issue when a simple issue like a magazine subscription can't get worked out. I am really loosing faith in CCS. Henry branch off and start your own series!

I will check on your subscription but no thanks on starting my own series! To be clear, I already have my own series and sanction w/CCS. Not interested in starting my own sanctioning body.

LoneStar

Quote from: MELK-MAN on May 16, 2012, 07:20:40 PMDOING AWAY with the PI altogether would SIMPLIFY our overall points! Add em up, done.

They probably should not get rid of it, but change the calculation to give less weight to a class that is less competitive (i.e., less riders on grid).  You shouldn't score 1000 PI when you were one of two bikes on the grid.  It probably should be scaled against the average number of bikes on all grids that count towards Overall Championship Points.

Of course, this would make the calculation more complicated.  That's probably the wrong direction to go at the moment as they seem to have their hands full with getting the system to perform basic calculations.
CCS AM #134 - Ducati 848 - www.facebook.com/FullerMoto
2012 CCS Atlantic SuperTwins AM Champion
2012 CCS Mid-Atlantic SuperTwins AM Champion
2012 CCS Summit Point SuperTwins AM Track Champion

DougG60

Quote from: twojays258 on May 17, 2012, 09:39:27 AM
that reminds me among other things, never got mine either. time to send an email too. back to waiting for points
EX101 Ducati 848

MELK-MAN

please ya'll.. something needs done to be done to get the points updated. Any news even on when this well be sorted?
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Eric Kelcher

Glitch that caused points to get jumbled from region and status was found and corrected Friday. Tomorrow I will be checking to see if there are lingering erractic points files. If all checks out then the overall points file should also check out and updates will be posted.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition