CCS Florida Round 3 Jennings Ultra Light Thunder Bike (Ninja 250ss) write up

Started by CHIRINOM, April 04, 2012, 07:17:07 PM

CHIRINOM

Saturday did not bring the most favorable conditions for practice, being wet and dry through out the day. Paul Vance did not join us for practice but ran GTL as a warm up with Shon Staton and I on Sunday.

Walter Ferreyra and I ran several sessions in the damp conditions, we were later followed by Shon Staton and Dom Herrera who chose to wait it out and ride on dry asphalt. Surprisingly there was plenty of traction using DOT tires.

Sunday brought beautiful weather which provided for some good racing. I got the whole shot amongst us in the GTL race but went in way hot and had to pick it up and ran off the track losing a lot of time. I re entered the race and closed the gap between Paul and I but couldn't catch them. Shon ran some very decent times in that race.

In ULTB I got the whole shot once again and led a few laps until passed by Walter. Walter and I exchanged position several times while being pursued by Shon, Paul, and Dom Herrera. Shon ran the quickest lap out of all of us. It was a photo finish with between Walter and I with Shon just a couple of feet from my rear wheel.

Race Results:

1st Walter Ferreyra
2nd Miguel Chirino
3rd Shon Staton
4th Paul Vance
5th Dom Herrera

Next CCS Florida round will be Homestead Motorsports Park May 6th.
Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

vance

I propose Walter be required to ride with only one clip-on, preferably only the left one....
Or carry a backpack full of rocks.
Congrats to all. It was a good race between the top three.

Jiggyfly