News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

penske shock on my sv650 ??

Started by 347sv, April 29, 2003, 06:44:20 AM

347sv

i just bought the penske shock i was just wandering what the bigges diffrense i will notice ?? right now i have a stock gsxr shock on my sv ..thanks

B-MAC

About 1-2 seconds a lap when set up ;D.
On the bike differences will depend on how you ride it and how fast you are

Protein Filled

One of the great benefits of the Penske is that you can raise your rear ride height substantially, which makes the SV turn in much better. Set the length of the shock as far as the adjustment goes (12 mm, I believe). The stock shock is really bad and it pogo's badly when pushed. You will see that change substantially.

I used to have a Fox on my bike and swapped to a Penske and the difference was very noticeable.

Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

Nate R

The stock gixxer shock is higher than the stock SV shock.

http://www.svrider.com/tips/penske_shock.htm

There you go, a comparision between GSXR and Penske, although his GSXR might've been redone. I dunno.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

BRG

Again, Stock GSXR shocks do not work on the SV650, this is bad info. for anyone that is thinking of it. Save your bike, yourself, and your time, get an after market shock make for the SV650 or use the stock SV650 shock.

Brian Baker
Baker Race Gear/Midwest Axxion Center
414-916-9559 ;D