News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

HELP!!! CCS May 5th & 6th Race Schedule Conflicts

Started by MAZZ77X, March 20, 2012, 06:15:10 PM

MAZZ77X

I noticed CCS "Tentatively" has Moto 3 (GP 125's) and Ultra Lightweight Thunderbike on track at the same time Sunday in Race #11.

The problem here is my son has both the Ninja 250 and a Moriwaki MD 250 and wants to run both classes. I also know there are more kids coming in the future that will be riding both 125's and Ninja 250's.

Is it possible to run Ultra Lightweight Thunderbike with another class? Lap times around Thunderbolt on the Ninja 250 are 1:42's and the MD 1:36's roughly.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE separate these two classes and let them grow. You cant run both bikes at the same time and that leaves riders having to choose :banghead:   Which ultalmitly brings grids and more importantly revenue down.

Thanks, Anthony

P.S. I called and left a message :thumb:

MAZZ77X

Maybe run Ultralightweight Thunderbike with Super Twins.

Both grids are relatively small, and in 7 laps I doubt there will be any lappers 8)

CHIRINOM

I know a of a couple of Moto 3 riders here in Fl who have expressed an interest in running both classes.
Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

2blueYam

Quote from: MAZZ77X on March 20, 2012, 06:46:07 PM
Maybe run Ultralightweight Thunderbike with Super Twins.

Both grids are relatively small, and in 7 laps I doubt there will be any lappers 8)

When Jeff May showed up at Road America two seasons ago with the 1190 prototype and run it in Supertwins, he lapped several of the lightweight bikes that were running at the same time in a 4 lap sprint race.  Just sayin' there might be some serious lapping going on depending on who / what shows up to run a combined Supertwins with Moto3 or ULWTB.  With that being said, if someone is that much faster on a Supertwin they should have no problem lapping a someone on a Moto3 or ULWTB.
R1 for Track, FZ1 for Street

MAZZ77X

Still awaiting an answer.  Anxiously awaiting.....

TrophyGal

You'd better call the CCS office .. this forum isn't monitored by the main CCS staff.

Super Dave

Super Dave

Burt Munro

I'm pretty sure Anthony is concerned with the May 5 & 6 schedule at NJMP. But it will probably also be as big (if not bigger) an issue at Road America that weekend as well. USGPRU is running at Road America that same weekend with the CCS and ASRA races. Much longer track with much higher speed conflicts than NJMP, but the same scheduling issues.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Eric Kelcher

Quote from: Super Dave on April 26, 2012, 04:27:29 AM
sigh...

If you were wondering if Anthony had had a return call he did, and I also spoke with him this week and said we would look at entry numbers after pre entry had closed and should have an answer this afternoon.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

MAZZ77X

Quote from: Eric Kelcher on April 26, 2012, 01:18:23 PM
If you were wondering if Anthony had had a return call he did, and I also spoke with him this week and said we would look at entry numbers after pre entry had closed and should have an answer this afternoon.

Yes Eric was very helpful.  Looking forward to the race weekend.... Hoping the schedule conflicts get resolved and he can race both classes!!