News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CMP - HWSS + ULSB

Started by clarustnb, March 05, 2012, 02:56:29 PM

clarustnb

Can someone explain this for me? I thought it was weird enough to have ULSB riding with MW F-40 this weekend, but now you're saying my 60 ish hp SV is going to be on the track with your 1k bikes? 

That has to be a mistake, right?
Benjamin Loyle
SV650 # 909
http://loyle.lwtracer.com/

Rick Johnson 29

1000cc bikes can't be ridden in HW classes in CCS. It is mostly 600's with a few 750's in there. I just now looked at the tentative schedule for CMP. Busy busy weekend. Twin sprints along with a 2 hour TC race. Give the office a call to express any concerns or talk with them this weekend at Roebling.  :thumb:
Rick Johnson
Expert 29, ASRA 291, Wera 29
2011 SE Unlimited SS Champ                                                               
2011 2nd MA GTO,UnlimitedSB,SS,GP                                                   08 Suzuki GSXR 1000

smoke54

big twins are allowed.  i have been running the Buell 1125r there.
tim

DougG60

new rules for this season and the f40 class was split into middle weight(mw) ie 600's and unlimited f40 ie 1k bikes. so you will most likely be in wave 2 behind the 600 f40's
EX101 Ducati 848

Rick Johnson 29

Sorry meant to say 1000cc inline 4 water cooled bikes can't be raced in HW.
Rick Johnson
2011 2nd MA GTO,UnlimitedSB,SS,GP                                                   08 Suzuki GSXR 1000

clarustnb

Still - that's a big difference on the straights between my SV and a GSXR750...

In all honesty it's not the speed difference, but just makes for a frustrating race trying to pass those guys while worrying about the really fast guys coming to lap you in no time.
Just my little vent.
Benjamin Loyle
SV650 # 909
http://loyle.lwtracer.com/

Rick Johnson 29

I  kinda doubt they will lap you but I'm not saying it isn't possible in 7 laps. Try not to worry. It's their job to make a clean pass on you or who ever.
Rick Johnson

LoneStar

if my math is right, using summit point as an example, the fastest guys are running 1:18's in Amateur classes.  So, that's 78 seconds a lap.  In 7 laps there would have to be about a 11 second differential in lap times between you and the 1:18 rider for you to both meet at the finish line at the same time.  So, you would probably have to be well into the 30's before it becomes a real possibility.

Summit Point is pretty fast and I haven't been to CMP yet, but I will assume the lap times scale according to your skill and lap time on different tracks, so the same theory and improbability applies.

The only problem I've had (or the other rider, cause it didn't bother me) was when CCS lined up the Expert LW's behind the AM SuperTwins and started us in the same wave.  It got all jumbled up and pissed off some of the competitive Expert LW riders.
CCS AM #134 - Ducati 848 - www.facebook.com/FullerMoto
2012 CCS Atlantic SuperTwins AM Champion
2012 CCS Mid-Atlantic SuperTwins AM Champion
2012 CCS Summit Point SuperTwins AM Track Champion

roadracer162

Quote from: LoneStar on March 07, 2012, 04:22:10 PM

The only problem I've had (or the other rider, cause it didn't bother me) was when CCS lined up the Expert LW's behind the AM SuperTwins and started us in the same wave.  It got all jumbled up and pissed off some of the competitive Expert LW riders.

Just know we are coming through and don't race with us. ;)

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

LoneStar

Quote from: majicMARKer on March 07, 2012, 09:24:16 PM
Just know we are coming through and don't race with us. ;)

Mark

Ha!  Not a chance bro!  We're coming back through on you too from T7 to T3 - 6 is where you caught up.  So step aside!  We're racing! ;)

What happened is that you guys ran up into our group in the first lap then a mob of 4 of us AM's started running steady 1:20's and we were all jumbled up after that.

I had a blast though!  And got on the box.

roadracer162

Quote from: LoneStar on March 08, 2012, 07:17:09 AM
Ha!  Not a chance bro!  We're coming back through on you too from T7 to T3 - 6 is where you caught up.  So step aside!  We're racing! ;)

What happened is that you guys ran up into our group in the first lap then a mob of 4 of us AM's started running steady 1:20's and we were all jumbled up after that.

I had a blast though!  And got on the box.
Ahhh..just know I intend to be turning some 1:18's this time around

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

LoneStar

Quote from: majicMARKer on March 08, 2012, 09:58:07 AM
Ahhh..just know I intend to be turning some 1:18's this time around

Mark

Me too buddy.  Me too...

That weekend was twin sprints so for the next race Hastings asked CCS for a 2 Wave start instead of staggered start in the same wave.

Problem solved.