Mid-West Region Awards - Changed!

Started by TrophyGal, February 21, 2012, 10:10:31 AM

TrophyGal

The location and date of the 2011 Mid-West Region Awards Presentation Ceremony has changed.  It will occur at Road America during the weekend of May 5-6.

For more info, see my post in the Announcements section here: http://www.ccsforum.com/index.php/topic,26296.0.html

Falco

Title should state CANCELED not changed.
MW CCS #144 Am

gkotlin

Seriously?  I'm glad I cancelled things for that Saturday and cleared my schedule.   :banghead:

I'll be at the WERA round that weekend and cannot attend.
Greg K.
CCS MW Expert # 12
2000 SV 650 - 1989 FZR 400
Vinylsaurusrex.com - Cyclepath Racing - Safety First Racing - STT

genosr1

you've got to kidding, wow we spend thousands of dollars supporting ccs and get treated like crap, and they won't even spring for the shipping on our awards way to go ccs you've dissapointed again

IFMracing

Everyone call the CCS office and let them know how we feel.
It may not help, but they need to be made aware how this sucks.
GP AM CCS #28 ASRA #128
I.F.M. Racing

Farmboy

Really CCS? What a joke. I'm sorry, but my BS-o-meter is pegged in the red about this whole thing (and I just had that sucker calibrated). First, it was scheduling conflicts if the Packers made the playoffs, never mind that the playoff schedule was set regardless of who was in them, and they certainly wouldn't be playing every weekend anyway. Then, CCS staff was in Florida and was going to follow up upon returning. Finally, a date and venue are announced only to be cancelled soon after because supposedly the venue wanted to charge each attendee an additional fee, this even though there was supposedly already a contract for the event. Hey CCS, guess what? We're your customers. Moreover, the very people receiving awards are your most devoted customers; obviously, they are the ones who showed up at most or all of the events. So what do you do? You drop the ball on a seemingly easy and relatively inexpensive event that we all looked forward to and patiently waited for you to pull your head out of god-knows-where to organize and execute. Nice. And hey, I get the fact that CCS is hurting, especially in the Midwest, I really do. I'm also thankful that I was able to race last year and hopeful that I'll be able to continue to do so in the future. Also, I've been a staunch supporter/ Devil's advocate on your behalf. However, if I were running the show, I'd make damn sure that I did everything I could to optimize whatever events and features were left. We as racers strive to do our absolute best; why shouldn't we receive the same courtesy in return? Maybe I'm way off base here, and I don't presume to know all the intimate details, but it sure as hell seems like we're being more or less written off. Maybe next year, you can just let us know your intentions (or lack thereof) early enough that we can organize our own banquet wherein we can give and receive the recognition, thanks, and support we all deserve.
Jim Berard CCS MW#904

genosr1

well i just readjusted my 2012 schedule, instead of doing the entire ccs series as i did last year, they will be lucky if i do 2 wknds with them, wera and cmra here i come, i'm definatly boycotting r/a and paying the shipping on my awards , :finger:

steve p

Jim, you saved me a lot of typing,  :)
Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille

gkotlin

Come on out to our Bash this weekend at Durty Nellies.  We'll do our own celebrating and raise a toast to those that endured and succeeded this past season. 

Screw it.  We're not going to ever change things.  They ask us to bring our friends out to race.  Help out the organization.  There's no marketing.  There's no co-ops.  This year we have a little track diversity.   The gate fees are counter productive in drawing people out to drive interest. 

When I told people that I was going to campaign an entire season with CCS.   I heard all kinds of negativity.  I came with an open mind.  Though the corporate staff is GREAT!  Never had an issue with them, regionally things are rough.  I really wish we were treated like customers.  I hated how we were treated at the regional level.  Being told how things are going to be with my bikes numbers because CCS "OWNS" my number plate on my bike.  That "it is their area" on my bike and belongs to them.  You don't own one bit of my bike!  When I'm told I can't get lap times because it's not their fault my competitors took the timing sheet off the board, deal with it!  Luckily Eric went out and though it took him a while, did get me the information I requested. 

It's one thing to not have a banquet.  But to be told we'll have one then have it cancelled, oh sorry displaced or changed?  Last years banquet wasn't very well centered with so many of us off in our own area.  It was like dinner with friends (which is never bad) but it wasn't what I expected at my first banquet.  The season ended up here 5 months ago I believe.  I even offered up on the forum to snag a date that we were looking at for our Bash to get them an venue with a private room.  Now I know all those dates are booked till June :(   
Greg K.
CCS MW Expert # 12
2000 SV 650 - 1989 FZR 400
Vinylsaurusrex.com - Cyclepath Racing - Safety First Racing - STT

Sobottka

i just got a call from the ccs office about my 2011 award. they asked me to make shipping arrangements and pay for it myself since i wont be at any events this year.   :wtf:
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

Fast Eddy

Ed (AKA Dirt nap) CCS #102
http://www.southeastsales.com/
The liver is evil and must be punished!
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe