CHANGED!!! MW 2011 Awards @ ROAD AMERICA

Started by TrophyGal, February 16, 2012, 08:24:03 PM

TrophyGal

I'm editing my original post .. because EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED.

The Terminal changed their agreement with CCS and decided that they wouldn't let everyone order off of the menu .. and that all attendees would have to use their buffet .. and pay a "per person" price for it!  This is NOT what Kevin intended to happen. So he cancelled it there.

THEREFORE .. the Mid-West Trophies will be given out at ROAD AMERICA in May.

I'll get the info changed on the CCS web pages, but I wanted to post it here first.  Questions? Call the CCS office.

Saturday March 3rd
The Terminal
5917 South Howell Ave
Milwaukee, WI
Phone: (414) 489-7746
(downstairs room)

Cocktail hour: 6:00pm
Awards Ceremony begins at 7:00pm

No charge, but everyone is responsible for their own food and drink .. open menu & cash bar

REMEMBER -- We WON'T ship your trophies to the banquet UNLESS you tell CCS you're going!

Call the CCS Office RIGHT NOW to tell them whether you'll be there or not!  817-246-1127. (Letters are going out tomorrow, but better be safe than sorry.)

Xian_13

You did not list it, so should we assume this is March 3rd?

-X
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

TrophyGal

Quote from: Xian_13 on February 17, 2012, 06:40:33 AM
You did not list it, so should we assume this is March 3rd?

-X
Oops .. forgot that.  YES. (I edited the above to include the date)

gixxer188

Well, that's not go to work for me.  I can't be gone all day, my wife would have a fit.  There is a meeting at Blackhawk the same day that I have to attend.
MadisonSBK.com Online Store
MadisonSBK Racing - Owner/Racer
2012 CCS Midwest Regional Formula 40 Champion
2012 Blackhawk Farms Raceway Formula 40 Track Champion

TrophyGal

IFMracing

Do the buffet.

Having no awards ceremony for those that earned them is crappy.
This change also screws up all the plans that many people have made and travel arrangements.
GP AM CCS #28 ASRA #128
I.F.M. Racing

TrophyGal

Quote from: IFMracing on February 21, 2012, 10:47:19 AM
Do the buffet.

Having no awards ceremony for those that earned them is crappy.
This change also screws up all the plans that many people have made and travel arrangements.
Call or email Kevin if you have problems with the new arrangements.  It's not only the cost per person .. it's the amount they want to charge for renting the room. It was simply not acceptable.

Falco

I am not surprised at all it got cancelled.  It seems that Midwest Region is the stepchild of CCS.  First the scheduling is all f-ed up,  now the banquet got cancelled, what is next? 

MW CCS #144 Am

gixxer188

So let's just say someone that earned an award will not be at Road America to pick up their award, will their award be available at Blackhawk or must they pay to have it/them shipped to their home or business?
MadisonSBK.com Online Store
MadisonSBK Racing - Owner/Racer
2012 CCS Midwest Regional Formula 40 Champion
2012 Blackhawk Farms Raceway Formula 40 Track Champion