News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Schedule for Summit 5-3

Started by dwilson, April 28, 2003, 10:14:30 AM

dwilson

I'm reading the schedule for Summit this weekend but I don't understand the following... ???

Saturday is listed as a regional championship, since I suck  ;) I'm guessing I shouldn't bother showing up...

Camp out Saturday night.
Sunday morning I can show up, throw lots of money at the registration desk (with my race license from last year) and do the am mw 1, 10 & 16 (stock FZR600).  

Do I have this right?  Is anyone else going?

r6_philly

why don't you do GTU on Sat to get some track time? IF you get there Sat morning you can practice too...

xlr8tn

i can't remember the last time i got track time from a GTU...there usually shorter than the morning practice with all the red flags and all  :o

r6_philly

Quotei can't remember the last time i got track time from a GTU...there usually shorter than the morning practice with all the red flags and all  :o

You are right, last GTU at summit point had over 10 down bikes. But I think they ran the entire race  ;D The intention is there for track time, but the results may vary... It is not that bad at Summit though, VIR is always the killer, I still have not seen a complete GTU there.

dwilson

First race I did was a GTU...  I think the ambulance got in as many laps in as we did  :o

CCS243

There is a Lockhart Phillips Sport Rider day on Friday, May 2nd at Summit.  CCS licensed racers pay $75.  Group size is limited to 40.

:oIsn't it amazing that Amateur races have crashes ::)

slclark65

Hey Art,

I'll be up at Summit on sunday.  Flying in friday night, but can't make it up there until then.  hope to see you.  Will Donnie be there?

Stacey

CCS243

Yup, Instructor/control rider Friday.  Head Tech Sat & Sun.

VFRgrl

Anyone going to Summit have room in their trailer? I just need a ride from Frederick to Summit Point for my track bike- (return arrangements already made..)
I'm not on this board much so email me at motorcyclegrl@hotmail.com
Thanks!
Lori
_________
MARRC Cornerworker
'85 VF500F
'98 VFR800i
'00 SV650S Track-only

slclark65

Art,

Do you mean Donnie or yourself?  I hope to see you both!!!!!!!!!!!

slipshod

So the practice on Friday is on the "normal" Summit Raceway and not the Jefferson Circuit. Right?

Thanks!

r6_philly

QuoteSo the practice on Friday is on the "normal" Summit Raceway and not the Jefferson Circuit. Right?

Thanks!

Thats right, main course it is. would be kinda stupid to practice on a track that we won't be racing on for the weekend wouldn't you say  ;D