News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Heartland Park Topeka

Started by alocker, January 08, 2012, 07:58:24 PM

design-engine

Alex... running a 1000 this year?  I was reallly hoping to run Jennings the first CCS event out.  Too bad it's the same freeken weekend as Topika.   Last year it was on Easter weekend.

alocker

MW AM #454

Burt Munro

Quote from: Boober on February 26, 2012, 07:56:29 PM
Does anyone know for sure if pirelli will be there?
I was at a meeting last night and talked to the guy who will be handling Pirelli at Topeka. He just got the phone call confirming it on Monday. Contact James Hammon at Good Grip Racing to make sure he's got the tires you need with him. n-j.hammon@sbcglobal.net
636-744-6417. James will also be handling Pirelli and Michelin at MCRA Track Days this season.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

funsizeracing

What time do the gates close Thursday evening?
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

Eric Kelcher

Gates open by 7am Friday

Thursday there is dry camping available outside the paddock by paddock entrance gate.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

funsizeracing

Quote from: Eric Kelcher on March 28, 2012, 12:19:06 PM
Gates open by 7am Friday

Thursday there is dry camping available outside the paddock by paddock entrance gate.

With camping available outside the track, that's all good for a self-sustaining camper or RV, but for those of us who don't have that, we're forced to make a choice. We can either: a) sleep in the cab of our trucks; b) unload the race trailer outside the track so we can sleep in the trailer, with our bikes, tools, and gear completely unsecured, and then load it all back up in the morning just to pull into the track and set up again; or c) spend money on a hotel and have to decide which races during the weekend that I can no longer participate in because of budget constraints...which I think is not at all what the organization would want, with continuing struggles to keep grids full.

If that's the way it is, I guess that's just how it's going to be, and I'll have to plan my budged accordingly, which unfortunately will likely cut down on the number of races that I'll be able to enter. :-(
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

alocker

Call the track tomorrow AM.  Obviously Eric has a good idea of what's going on but I was told by Brian at HPT that there would be a guard 24 hours to let people in before 7am Friday.  This could be completely inaccurate info but its worth the phone call to HPT directly. 
MW AM #454