News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS @ NJMP, down to 3 races in 2012?

Started by antirich, December 16, 2011, 01:10:24 PM

antirich

Checked both schedules and it looks like we're at three weekends for 2010: May, July and September.

Is that final, or are they still trying to work out a 4th weekend for next year?

Wes07

The schedule is "tentative" but seems pretty final. I want to do AMA this year so I'm down to 2 =(
Wes Perry Ex. 352
Winner of 7 Championships in 2011
Sunwood Builders - Wayfair - Vortex - Dunlop - Motul

TAlber8

Yeah, originally the NJMP press release said they were doing 4.  No August round...

mattbnj

if thunderbolt is not available, why not stick a Lightning round in August? It is a fast challenging track and would be a nice change of pace. Just my two cents.

antirich

Yea, I though that a lightning race was getting factored in this year?

I enjoyed racing on Lightning, but I understand the CCS staff had a tough time with the facilities. Tiny Garage, Control booth with limited visibility, no AC, and poor sound system, etc.

I also like pitting on pavement and not dealing with the damn sand!

mattbnj

Interesting - was not aware of those issues for CCS re Lightning.  Perhaps an August date at t-boly is still in the works.

LoneStar

Quote from: mattbnj on December 19, 2011, 06:25:25 PM
Interesting - was not aware of those issues for CCS re Lightning.  Perhaps an August date at t-boly is still in the works.

i think they ran it back in 2010, but not 2011.  personally, i'm not a fan of lightening, but i'll race on anything!
CCS AM #134 - Ducati 848 - www.facebook.com/FullerMoto
2012 CCS Atlantic SuperTwins AM Champion
2012 CCS Mid-Atlantic SuperTwins AM Champion
2012 CCS Summit Point SuperTwins AM Track Champion

TAlber8

I just got an email from NJMP saying about CCS racing on Thunderbolt and Lightning...

just throwing it out there, but I Kinda like Lightning...

mike574

Are they still having the team challange races this year at NJMP?
BREW CREW Racing

smoke54

Eric Kelcher

No
Quote from: mike574 on January 22, 2012, 04:29:37 AM
Are they still having the team challange races this year at NJMP?

No, there will not be a local TC series. There will be the one round of the ASRA TC on July 14-15 weekend.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

mike574

F#CK!!!!  I just bought and built a bike to try to race for that class this year.  FML   :banghead:
BREW CREW Racing