News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Greetings from Florida region new guy

Started by Spankyhh60, October 26, 2011, 10:20:17 PM

Spankyhh60

Hey All,

Gonna partake in my first race weekend this December @ Homestead. I'm looking so forward to it. I've done 2 track days there, but still don't feel totally comfortable, gearing was way too tall (15/44, 06 GSXR-600). Anyways, plan to race as many Florida region races as I can in 2012, so if anyone has helpful info they would like to add, I'm all ears.

Thanks,
Scott

CCS # 105, Yellow

Gino230

Welcome to the club, scott!

Just take it one session at a time and remember- you're not getting paid to be there so have FUN!

I think you'll find that there are lots of helpful people at the track, so even if you don't know anyone, you'll still be able to get all kinds of advice and help. It helps that you're running one of the most popular bikes in one of the most popular classes so there should be no shortage of info out there.

Don't hesitate to ask questions of your fellow racers, even though when the green flag drops it's every man for himself.....I think you'll find that everyone usually goes out of their way to help fellow racers have a good weekend, wether it's lending that rear sprocket or brake lever, or tips for a certain corner.

Glad you are coming out and good luck!
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

roadracer162

Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Toy Store

Patrick
www.superbiketoystore.com