News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

new too ccs =)

Started by brendan113, October 26, 2011, 03:14:34 PM

brendan113

Whats up all,
      Next year i will be joining ccs and wanted to know if they have a tire changing service there?
Also just to be sure, I was wondering  what classes i can ride in on an 03 r6, I run supercorsa pros and may or may not have slipper clutch. Is there any other advice  or things I should get ahead of time for first day out? Thanks in advance.

twilkinson3

should be able to run any of the middleweight classes - read the class rules in section 5 & 6 of the rulebook - should give you a more exact idea based on what's been done to your bike...99% sure a slipper clutch doesn't keep you out of Supersport

Rick Johnson 29

You can run lots of classes on the 600. As stated all middleweight classes as long as you are supersport legal. Heavyweight classes are popular for 600's but 750's are allowed as well. Also the 25 minute GTU is for 600's. Some also run the 600's in the unlimited classes and GTO along with the 1000's. Most stick to MW and HW though.
Rick Johnson
Expert 29, ASRA 291, Wera 29
2011 SE Unlimited SS Champ                                                               
2011 2nd MA GTO,UnlimitedSB,SS,GP                                                   08 Suzuki GSXR 1000

brendan113

proechel539

there are tire vendors at every event, just figure out where you will be racing and what tires you want. You should be able to find a vendor for you're region on the manufactures web site. Some vendors even offer a discount if you buy a stack of tires pre-season. Good luck
Darrell Proechel
CCS Ex # 76
02 SV-650, 06 GSXR750
proechel1@comcast.net

fzr400tony

What tracks do you plan to race at?  Someone will let you know who sells what at each track.

At every track I've been to, there's always someone there selling Dunlops, Michelins, Pirellis and Bridegstones. I like to buy tires at the track. I believe in supporting those who support us.

At some tracks last year, they had a rookie's cup race as well. I don't know of they'll continue with the class next year or not.

Anyway, good luck next year. IMO, racing is SO much more fun than track days.

brendan113

Most likely doing all the njmp days but not sure about doing any more. I was doing the tpm races last year and buying my tires from them.
This year will be about trying to find a good median between ccs racing,tpm racing, and track days.
Thanks for the info.
+1 for racing!

antirich

For the NJMP events, there were dedicated tire vendors for Pirrelli, Dunlop and Continental. Bridgestones were sold out of Street and Comp (they sell parts too) and another dealer for Michelin (can't remember the name)

I'm assuming it'll be the same for 2012, but tough to tell with this economy.

Any of the vendors will change tires no matter what the brand, so don't worry about that.