News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Anybody Using or Previously Used Klotz?

Started by MightyDuc Racing, April 25, 2003, 02:24:07 PM

MightyDuc Racing

I just decided to try Klotz full synthetic in the new motor on Bruce at BCM's recommendation. I would never second guess Bruce, but I am just looking for opinions of some other racers either using it or that have previously used it. TIA!

MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

james-redsv

I have heard you shouldnt use a full synthetic on a new motor. Its too slippery and wont let the rings seat properly. I use Castrol Sentec in all my bikes but this could start the dreaded oil debate so I wont say anymore. :o

MightyDuc Racing

Actually, I broke it in with diesel 15W40 per BCM, then switched to the Klotz he sent me.  I wondered why the diesel oil for the break-in.  Guess now I know.  Thanks James! :)
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

skara

my fuel supplier for klotz 108 octane talked me into using the klotz 10w40 syn oil for my 94 cbr 600 f2 and my street katana 750 on the race bike when it was cold i race at blackhawk no problem when the temp was over 70 the oil seemed to break down?????? and caused many missed shifts and false neutrals since this bike has oil for both engine and trans i ahd no choice but switch back to mobil 1  on the street bike it foamed up in the sight glass after about 1/2 hour ride wont use it in there anymore either just my experience the fuel however is awsome and smells great use that in just about everything that way i can smell race gas all year long