ROC

Started by gs750t, September 12, 2011, 09:50:59 AM

gs750t

I heard an ugly rumor that Andy Curro is not coordinating the corner workers for ROC in October.  Can any one verify that as fact.  Was very much looking forward to working Daytona again, but will be reluctant not knowing who has our backs!  Sounds like dmg bull shit to me. :wtf:

garraper

there is all kinds of shit to go around.....i will not make the ROC this year......we need an organization to get us all on the same page....the racers deserve nothing less...

eviled98

For what it's worth, the letter that I recieved from Kevin Elliot said that Andy will be in charge. You're right about DMG though.

Eric Kelcher

I'll be making a return for this event; deploying/repairing/servicing air fence and coordinating with Alan Muse for safety crew.

As many of you know Andy and I worked together for many years coordinating safety crew and equipment. I am temporary fill in while Andy is not at this event but not his replacement.

So guess in answer to "who will have our back" for this event; it is me, just as Andy and I did for many years.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Simon

Quote from: gs750t on September 12, 2011, 09:50:59 AM
I heard an ugly rumor that Andy Curro is not coordinating the corner workers for ROC in October.  Can any one verify that as fact.  Was very much looking forward to working Daytona again, but will be reluctant not knowing who has our backs!  Sounds like dmg bull shit to me. :wtf:
Andy will be at Summit this weekend. I think all the MARRC Safety Crew folks are waiting to hear what he has to say about the situation, before they make any kind of commitment to Daytona.
MARRC Cornerworker
CCS AM 48
Always in the gravel, one way or another!
www.marrc.org

Kuala76

First of all, thanks Eric for fullfilling the very important airfence position.  I 'think' that gs750t was asking about who's going to have 'our' backs as far as the corner marshalls go. Any experienced worker can tell you the uncomfortable situations; mess ups and ridicule that corner marshalls can endure, especially (sorry to say it) working Daytona which is a grueling task as it is.  I think that for most marshalls it is important to know who in 'control' or 'in charge' has their backs because unfortunately sometimes you're left out to hang in so many ways.
Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013

wild child

Quote from: Eric Kelcher on September 14, 2011, 12:57:21 AM

I am temporary fill in while Andy is not at this event but not his replacement.

So that is to say Andy is just not there this year and will return?????

Eric Kelcher

The people that safety crew will be dealing with are normal CCS staff for SE/MA/FL and myself. The key people will be Alan Muse, Mark Magnusson and myself.

I fully expect Andy to be handling most if not all duties he has been dealing with: Airfence, safety crews at select events, etc but when circumstances warrant due to conflict, work, vacation, family needs, etc myself or someone will fill in for him.
Eric Kelcher

eviled98

Eric,
I will be traveling from Wisconsin on Oct. 12 and won't be able to make it to the track until the 4-6p.m. slot. Will I be looking for a guy in a pickup truck (as last March) or will I just go to the ticket booth (as last Oct.)?

Eric Kelcher

Send me an email, I haven't hashed out all the details yet and sent out final info yet.
Eric Kelcher