News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

My Racing Bio Closing Down

Started by Russell2566, September 02, 2011, 03:47:34 PM

CounterSteerer

Russell Thank You Very Much. It was much appreciated.
CCS FL, ASRA
Jason Edmonds

EnvyCycles

Russell how much do you need to keep the site going? Maybe we can help out?????
Team Envy Racing CCS #800
Racing Connection, LP USA-Bazzaz Performance, Cycle Gear, Alien Motion Batteries, Vortex Racing, LeoVince USA, Hotbodies Racing, Ballistic Apparel, Parts411

Russell2566

Due to the DB Size and nature of the plans it ends up being around 160+ a month for ColdFusion hosting. Hosting plans for medium size sites has gone up, while the plans of hosting very large sites has gone down. You could make a few changes and make the code Railo or BlueDragon compliant, but the DB is MSSQL and converting to MySQL might not be worth the trouble.

Personally I say screw CCS. Kevin Elliot didn't even have the common decency to get back to me and have a conversation after I provided a free service to the group for almost 3 years. He had no problems sending me results and leveraging my hard work, but couldn't man up and even respond to an email.

50/50 chance I'll be putting up with the headaches instead at WERA when I have more time to race again.

I will be putting out the source code on to someplace like Google code or another open source SVN tool in the near future to give everyone access. The current DB Backup is a little over 250 megs.

ChitownNexus

What kind of file does CCS send out?

Is that the only way to receive a digital copy of the results?  Just wondering if there is another method to post everything online.  I have use/access to a server that we use to host other client sites.

catman

Seems like a noble endeavour, good luck

ChitownNexus

Quote from: DR ENERGYSMART on November 28, 2011, 08:46:11 AM
Seems like a noble endeavour, good luck

I've been talking with my business partner and programming this would not be a big issue.  We just need to see a sample dataset or whatever the timing system exports so we can test our application. 

I'm going to contact CCS this week and see if I can download a file to test. 

twilkinson3

HOller if you need any programming help nexus - I've got some free time over the winter 8-)

ChitownNexus

Quote from: twilkinson3 on December 05, 2011, 11:03:31 AM
HOller if you need any programming help nexus - I've got some free time over the winter 8-)

Thanks for the offer.

At this point it looks like we won't be doing anything.  I called the CCS office and was told they are working on a website to do all the functionality.  Hard to believe when their main site is still static HTML :P

Toy Store

This may a little late, but we have server space and could offer it-up for a worthy cause...
Patrick
www.superbiketoystore.com

ChitownNexus

We spoke about it today and might still put something together after we close a few other projects.  I have a sample CSV file from a BHF GTO race.  CCS has stated they are more than happy to send the results to us, but at this point not interested in funding/sponsoring or otherwise assisting in the development.  Not a big deal.

I realize most racers don't want to spend money, but if we built a site similar to the previous version with maybe a few other added features would a subscription of $20-25 per year be acceptable?