News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Blackhawk in September

Started by Ducxx9, August 30, 2011, 03:58:14 PM

Ducxx9

Just a few quick new questions. I have been doing track days for a couple years now and got my CCS license in the spring. Due to work, life and finances I have not made it to a race this summer. I would like to plan to come up to BHF in September. I haven't ridden that track before  so I plan to go the 10/11th for a track day event to get familiar with the track and see what sort of times I can turn. I would be entering AM Thunderbike, LW F40 (old guy  :thumb: ) and the Rookies cup. What should I be running to be somewhat competitive? What are comparable times at Putnam for instance? Do I need to be running 1:20, 1:25, 1:30, 1:35 at Putnam to even think about racing at BHF in my classes?

I have checked out the lap times here http://www.myracingbio.com/ but would like some direct advice. Seems like the classes that I am eligible for are running around 1:20 - 1:30

IFMracing

There will be people to race at all different lap times.
Go, race, have fun.

Some of my most enjoyable races haven't been because of a podium, but because of the rider battle.
GP AM CCS #28 ASRA #128
I.F.M. Racing

gixxer188

The August Rookie's Cup laptimes were 1:15.7 down to :30's.

Here is a photo of the official laptime sheet
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6231/img20110821141300.jpg
MadisonSBK.com Online Store
MadisonSBK Racing - Owner/Racer
2012 CCS Midwest Regional Formula 40 Champion
2012 Blackhawk Farms Raceway Formula 40 Track Champion

GSXR RACER MIKE

Don't worry about your lap times, if you've been doing Track Days for a couple years you'll do fine.

JUST GO HAVE FUN!!!
:cheers:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

twilkinson3

STT is at BFR Sept 10th-11th...come find me..I'll show you around - Red gen1 sv #172

Suppose it would help to say I'll be down there on the 11th