News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

So what's the Hurricane policy?

Started by JCP636, August 25, 2011, 12:40:25 PM

JCP636

All this rain is really pissing me off!!
Some may never live, but the crazy never die...

ccs#188

DougG60

was curious about what happens if the races get cancelled, make up at VIR? summit looks like its towards the edge of the hurricane anyway. coming from jersey and im sure the guys from NY wont mine being there instead of home. rain doesnt bother me, doing rather well in it
EX101 Ducati 848

2blueYam

You might want to be at home when you lose power. I saw my neighbors in Virginia out bailing their sump pump well with buckets during Isabel.   :ahhh:   If they had not been home, they would have had a flooded basement for sure.  Even bailing manually, I believe they had some minor water damage.  Fortunately, our house was on more of a hill with good drainage. 

Oh and if Irene is headed your way, and the power outage hits the city water pumps you won't have water for a while.  It would be a good idea to fill up a bathtub or two to wash and flush toilets with and a cooler for drinking and cooking water.  We didn't during Isabel and learned a lesson there.
R1 for Track, FZ1 for Street

Saber_GP

I'm so pissed off about this, there is no way Summit is going to be clear to race this weekend will it?

Saber_GP

Not to double post, but I just called summit and they said there will be no cancellation in place.   

smoke54

JCP636

I don't actually mind it, except that im doing terrible in all of this rain! I didn't realize I sucked that much in the rain... I live in a  3rd story apt in the city so I'm not worried about  flooding or anything. I also don't want to waste a trip amd a weekend if I don't have to.
Some may never live, but the crazy never die...

ccs#188

Jstu202

I hope CCS cancels the races for this weekend, there are just too many risks at this point. I will however wait till tomorrow to decide whether I will be heading down or not. Have to see if the path changes.

Anymore opinions on this?
CCS # 900

TAlber8

I emailed Kevin today and he replied that they are planning on running Sunday.

Right now the forecast looks good Sat, with weather rolling in at night.  How much weather is questionable, all the maps I saw have Summit on the far edge

GSXR RACER MIKE

If you draw a line in the direction a hurricane is heading, and figure the front of the storm to be the top of a clock with 12 o'clock on the line, the worst impact is in the 12 - 3 o'clock portion of the storm. This storm is looking like it may somewhat parallel the coast till it gets further North, if that's the case it may not be as bad as your thinking it will be (probably lots of rain and some wind).
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96