News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Question about sportbike class

Started by G1K@work, April 24, 2003, 10:15:26 AM

G1K@work

I have a '95 f3, which meets all the requirements for sportbike, but I do have a fox shock on th rear.  Does this make the bike not legal for sportbike, or is it okay?  

I also currently have a tailsection that does not use the stock seat... again, does this exempt the bike from sportbike?

Thanks
Ryan

G1K@work

One more Q, I didn't see anything specific to aftermarket exhaust?  The rules mention unlimited engine mods.. does this mean an aftermarket pipe is okay also?

Thanks Again,
Ryan

hawki

You should be O.K. for Sportbike with an aftermarket shock, a Superbike tailsection (I assume this is what you have) and an aftermarket exhaust.  Sections 5 and 6.2 can be reviewed to clarify further questions.

hawki

You should be O.K. for Sportbike with an aftermarket shock, a Superbike tailsection (I assume this is what you have) and an aftermarket exhaust.  Sections 5 and 6.2 can be reviewed to clarify further questions.

Steviebee

You know your an alcoholic when you repeat yourself!

Decreasing_Dave

QuoteYou know your an alcoholic when you repeat yourself!

Ditto

;D

G1K@work

Thanks guys.  I was looking at 6.2, and it does not say you can't run those things.. but I wasnt sure how the rules work.. can you only do what they say, and if not mentioned, assume you can't (i.e. the shock and exhaust), or the opposite.. assume you CAN do it if not mentioned..

Thanks,
Ryan

hawki

Sorry about the repeat post, I will blame it on the VP cocktail I inhaled while sorting out my fuel problems.

Dave

bmfgsxr

G1K@work