News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

BHF Mechanical support

Started by gskudlarick@gmail.com, July 19, 2011, 01:46:15 AM

gskudlarick@gmail.com

Hi,
I'm doing my first race weekend. (if i pass my license test).. and was wondering if there are mechanics at the track.  e..g. my side fairing bracket broke, and I can't find it on line.  I bought the bike from a wera racer and he did all custom stuff to it.  I'd like to have it welded if possible.

ride_hard

There are mechanics at the track, but I've never seen one bring a welder. You'd have better luck fixing this before coming to the track I think. A local weld shop or walk around the hardware store to find something. Improvise.

DakotaCBR

Brackets are easy enough to make with 1" aluminum bar stock that you can find at any hardware store, Home Depot, Lowes, etc. You can use hand tools and a drill and bend it the way you need pretty easily.
Jon Hatcher - CCS FL #308

GSXR RACER MIKE

Though I was a Tool & Die Maker for 21 years, my Brother and I now own a Transmission Repair Shop that's about 17 miles from Blackhawk Farms (apx. 15 minutes South of Beloit down I-90 / located right by the Riverside Blvd. & I-90 interchange - exit is between mile markers 12 & 13). I have a TIG welder at my shop and can weld steel and aluminum, if you want to swing by my shop with your bike or bring the bracket to me I should be able to weld it.

If that's something you want to do let me know in this thread and I'll send you my cell phone number and figure out a time to meet at the shop.  :thumb:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

design-engine

I've seen welders not far from many tracks.  I crashed once at Road Atlanta an a Saturday and didn't miss a session.  Got my Aluminum welded less than 1 mile from the track.  Same at Iowa Speedway.  Ive always wanted to learn to TIG MIG on Aluminum and lug one more thing to the track ;)