News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

First Race this weekend. What do I bring to tech

Started by cMac, May 23, 2011, 01:15:34 PM

cMac

:wtf:

Im confused and cant get it together. The Anticipation is killing me.

What forms do I need. Can I print out a preregistration form and use that at registration.

What do I do about a transponder. Yes Im lost Me clas was at the end of last year.

GSXR RACER MIKE

Since your not pre-entering:
-go to registration at the track
-fill out an entry form
-fill out a contingency form if you have sponsors
-you'll be issued a transponder at registration which has to be mounted on your bike
(buy a transponder mount/holder at registration if you don't already have one).

If any of your sponsors require stickers on your bike, or patches on your safety gear, make sure those are in place before going to tech. Make sure the required competition number issued to you is on all of your bikes number plates (and that the number plates are of the correct size and color and in an approved location on the bike). Also have those same competition numbers on your helmet to help identify you in an emergency situation.

With your transponder already mounted on your bike, grab the forms you filled out at registration, put on all your safety gear (leathers, helmet, boots, gloves, etc), and ride your bike to tech with the lower belly pan removed so tech can make sure the required safety wiring is in place and look for any obvious issues with the bike (have a friend bring the belly pan to tech for you so it can be inspected as well).

When your completely finished racing at any event you need to make sure and TURN IN YOUR TRANSPONDER to tech or registration before you leave the event, otherwise you could get a hefty fine. If you manage to finish high enough in the results to earn some type of award make sure and pick that up at registration (or other designated location) before you leave the track as well.

Good luck and have FUN - YOU'LL DO FINE!!!!  :thumb:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

GSXR RACER MIKE

I added some more info to my original response and made it a little easier to read.  8)
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

MELK-MAN

if ya have questions about your number sizes or number backgrounds, post some photos. Be sure you have side case covers if your bike requires em, be sure your belly pan is in good shape, with no holes..(rain holes have to have approved plug that have to be in unless race is called "wet"). Remove your belly pan if the bike requires that to see safety wire for your drain/fill/filter etc.
Make sure for tire contingency or others that you fill out, as Mike indicated, the appropriate forms.. but some require forms 1 time a year as well as each race weekend. Some contingency sponsors require annual resume with race photo so be sure you email/mail those off too.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice