News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

daydreaming of racing...

Started by Pierre - Team PMR, April 22, 2003, 08:25:27 AM

Pierre - Team PMR

I don't know about you guys but I cant keep my mind on anything other than being on the track.  I cant focus on my job or anything else for that matter. I keep dreaming about racing (day and night) and I find myself only talking about one thing.....yup, you guessed it....RACING.

Am I the only one going through this????
Pierre Montsion
Team PMR
CCS EX# 280

TZDeSioux

no.. you're not the only one.  :)

Dawn

...  and you don't have to race to go through the same thing.   ;D

Dawn   :)

KBOlsen

In all my life, I never dreamed I'd get involved in something that was so all-consuming.  I used to be a pretty easygoing, well-rounded individual... now everything revolves around THIS.  And I don't think I'd trade it for anything.  
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Chef

;D WOW, got another one!!!     any one shocked  :o  ???

(i know no one is gonna believe this)

I used to chase skirts pretty heavy  ;D

.....seen one, seen em all....  just AINT EXCITING  no mo !!!

......." go away, kid, ya botha's mey !!! "

..." thats a pretty scent, ever smelled POWER MIST ??? NUTEC ???  ;D

Master P,

i wanna say "you'll get over it" but i try not to lie directly....

if you think it's bad now, tho.... wait till next winter.... :-/

Chef
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

lil_thorny

it is the only thing that gets me to sleep at night.
i've been so anxious lately that i envision myself going around the track to help myself fall asleep.
takes a few laps tho. ;D
so, i'm right there with ya brotha,
Benj.
race-on God willing.

spyderchick

Pierre, it is what I refer to as "The Black Hole of Racing". Do not fight it, resistance is futile.  ;D It goes something like this:

Get street bike :)

Ride

Do a track day :D

Think about riding

Take a school ;D

THink about racing

Race "just a few times" ;) :D ;D

Think more about racing

Get a better bike :o ;D

Think about racing all the time

Get a bigger truck ::) ;D

Must go racing

Get a bigger trailer  :P ;D

Racing....afbmgmoidoicoxc

Get more go fast parts ;) :P ;D

Race, race race racer ace raceraceraceracerace

Pay for more track time. ;D ;D ;D

I'll have the racing with my racing...
etc, etc, etc

Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

StumpysWife

Hey P!  We're goin' nuts here!  We got an inch of snow yesturday, but Stumpy still had to take the 929 to work today.  I've been working on the Team Stumpy site (link in my signature if you'd like to check it out) so that's been keeping me occupied.  Tonight Stumpy is plugging in his brand new(!) Power Commander he received last night so he'll be happy for about a minute.  Then I think he'll change the oil on the XR50.  This pitterputtering around the house at night just drives me nuts!!!  Luckily I tape 2wheel Tuesdays!!!!!!!  See ya at RA!!!

tshort

Yeah, I'm in same boat - talking racin, dreamin racin, gonna be racin before long...

Someone had a quote in their sig file once that pretty much sums it up:

"Racing makes heroin addiction feel like a vague desire for something salty."

H is probably a lot cheaper, too. ;)
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

Chef

Thorny,
at this rate, we really ARE gonna need a bigger boat!!!

and Super_Dave is gonna have to get a couple more of those lil "special" school buses so when we're all fresh off the boat and on our way to the "loony bin" we can all fit
                                           :-[

i vote Dawn to drive my bus..... or the (oh so) previously " well-rounded" individual.... Kim              (thought we missed that, hunh)
                              ;D
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

Pierre - Team PMR

QuoteI've been working on the Team Stumpy site (link in my signature if you'd like to check it out) so that's been keeping me occupied.

I'll check it out in a minute... I just started working on mine...its still a rough draft
www.roboprobe.com/PIERRE_RACE_PAGE.html

dont laugh at the first part of the URL...its my dad's company.  He does robotics.

AAARRRGGGG!!!  I'm going NUTS over here!  I want the weekend to be here NOW!!!!

Hope the credit card holds out for the entire summer

Pierre Montsion
Team PMR
CCS EX# 280

StumpysWife

Hey your site is a good start!  However, your dad's site is great!!!!!  Robots are fun!  Why do you not have a Pierre Helmet Cam yet????  How fun would that be!!!!