First Time to HPT

Started by NextLevelMotorsports, April 07, 2011, 02:33:33 PM

NextLevelMotorsports

Planning to make the 13 hr drive from Knoxville later this month.  Just had some general questions:

On HPTs trackmap, they had several different layouts.  Which one will be ran?  They all look like variations on the same track.
Can a 600 keep up with a 1k there?  -1/+2 gearing for an 07 GSXR?
How bumpy is it?

Thx.
Southeast Conti Tire Guy
Triple XXX Race Fuel

bfolkerts

http://www.trackpedia.com/mediawiki/images/2/21/Heartland.jpg

It's the Grand Prix layout.

HPT is kind of a mix of technical and HP - there's a pretty long straight, and short back straight - but the rest of the course is fairly flowing.

I've always run -1 +2 on my 600RR - seemed to work fine.  The track isn't really bumpy - there's just some shitty patches near the apex on a few corners....

IFMracing

I need to start scouring YouTube.

Anyone know of some good track vid to check out?
GP AM CCS #28 ASRA #128
I.F.M. Racing

grasslander

CCS #413 CMRA #413
G-Baby Racing Endurance Team
2013 ASRA Team Challenge GTL National Champions
2015 US National Endurance Series LW National Champions

NextLevelMotorsports

Quote from: bfolkerts on April 07, 2011, 03:50:51 PM
http://www.trackpedia.com/mediawiki/images/2/21/Heartland.jpg

It's the Grand Prix layout.

HPT is kind of a mix of technical and HP - there's a pretty long straight, and short back straight - but the rest of the course is fairly flowing.

I've always run -1 +2 on my 600RR - seemed to work fine.  The track isn't really bumpy - there's just some shitty patches near the apex on a few corners....
Thanks.  That's actually the article I was reading.  All those different layouts at the bottom is actually what prompted the question.  I noticed that the ASRA schedule seems to favor flowing, fast tracks over point-and-shoot tight places.  Which is good for me because I suck at the high speed stuff.
Southeast Conti Tire Guy
Triple XXX Race Fuel

Andi

I've ran 15/46 in the past with good luck on my 07 GSXR 600