News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Hotbodies Bodywork

Started by raven21, March 29, 2011, 04:40:09 PM

raven21

Ordered my set on the phone, excellent service even mixing and matching me a set to play around on with my SV. Received it today very fast shipping and very well packed. Finish is great and it feels very sturdy and still flexible. Very pleased will post up more pictures when i start fitting it on the bike. Will buy again extremely happy with their service and quality.

Mike829

well, if they are gsxr pieces that you're fitting to your SV, then I guess you'll never know just how crappy the fit is.  don't get me wrong, i have half HB on my cbr and half sharkskinz since armour bodies wasn't yet available, so I have hands on experience, and let me tell you, the diff in quality is laughable.
Mike #829EX
Madison Sportbikes Racing

gixxer188

Yeah, what Mike said.  I have a mix as well of HB and Armour Bodies and I wrote a thread on here somewhere comparing HB, Sharkskinz, Attack and Armour Bodies and HB was dead last in every category.

Found it!
http://www.ccsforum.com/index.php/topic,24617.0.html
MadisonSBK.com Online Store
MadisonSBK Racing - Owner/Racer
2012 CCS Midwest Regional Formula 40 Champion
2012 Blackhawk Farms Raceway Formula 40 Track Champion

raven21

I have had sharkskinz before, and i have had the old hotbodies before. I think they have greatly improved their quality and the reputation is still the old company. The fitment of the upper to lower is great but thats really all i can comment on fitment since it is going on a sv

twilkinson3

I just painted a gen2 HB kit, it's still low quality stuff in my opinion, would I use it if you paid me....yes, would I pay a couple bucks more for something far far better...also yes....

MELK-MAN

I won't even take anything but sharkskinz to my painter (im sure there are other high end good sets). Low cost bodywork can cost as much in PREP and fitting (time/money/material) than if ya just spent a decent amount for a good set to begin with that needs little or no prep, and fits on almost by itself..
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

twilkinson3

Sharkskinz, armour bodies = good stuff, I have a Sembimoto tail o na sv superbike I'm doing that sanded and reprimered better than the sharkz even so maybe those if they are still in production (inherited it with the bike...)