Summit Point May 28th weekend

Started by bodie1331, March 16, 2011, 10:55:22 PM

bodie1331

Is there anyone who will be at this race weekend that would be willing to help guide me through the pre-race process? The thought of having to navigate this for the first time by myself is borderline nauseating.
CCS MA AM 813 / Spiegler,Woodcraft, ASV Inventions, Bridgestone, Pit Bull, Track Tactics Trackdays

Cowboy 6

C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

mikendzel

Bodie,
There are PLENTY of us who are more than willing to help you out!  Joe (above) is a very cool guy and will show you the ropes.  He'll also show you how to dismantle 2 SV's at the same time, hang a frame from a light pole, and assemble a B-52 from the parts.

Joe,
How are your bikes running?!?!  :)

bodie1331

Thank you both. It takes a load off my mind to know that someone can help get me in order, or talk me through everything previous should I not have everything straightened out. I will most certainly PM you Joe.
CCS MA AM 813 / Spiegler,Woodcraft, ASV Inventions, Bridgestone, Pit Bull, Track Tactics Trackdays

mikendzel

Bodie,
Here's how the weekend will go:
FRIDAY - Practice day.  Show up, register, and go through tech.  Check the tech rules with the org running the practice.

SATURDAY - Register around 7:00am (fill out contingency form, sponsor forms etc, wait in the PRE or POST line, get your transponder and pink slip).  Take your pink slip, your riding gear, and your lower to tech with you and your bike.  Tech will put a sticker on your bike if everything checks out, go to your pit and put your warmers on.  Practice will be divided up into 6 groups; you'll hear 1st, 2nd and 3rd calls.  Practice runs until lunch (2 rounds of practice).  During lunch you'll attend the MANDATORY Riders' Meeting.  After the meeting, go get some lunch and racing starts soon after.

SUNDAY - Get up, get your warmers on and get suited up, practice starts at 8:00am, and there's normally only 1 round.  After practice you will attend another MANDATORY Riders' Meeting.  "Lunch Break" at roughly 10:00am, and racing starts at 11:00am.  AFTER YOU'RE FINISHED REMEMBER TO TURN YOUR TRANSPONDER BACK IN TO CCS!!!!  I made it all the way to Charles Town once before I remembered....

apriliaman

I can help out also If you need me.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

Cowboy 6

They're running good Mike. Thanks for asking.

BTW: How did you know I used to work on B-52s? Are you stalking ??   :err:
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

mikendzel

Quote from: Cowboy 6 on March 17, 2011, 07:37:41 PM
They're running good Mike. Thanks for asking.

BTW: How did you know I used to work on B-52s? Are you stalking ??   :err:

Your last bike kinda sounded like one, I figured you were tuning your engine by ear...  ;)

SVbadguy

Rather that a complete reposting here.  Just follow my link to check out some things to look forward to at Summit Pt.
http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=284891
Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

bodie1331

T-3 feels like a completely different turn somehow.