News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

New Pirelli Tires for 2011

Started by red900, February 14, 2011, 10:18:49 PM

red900

Notice anything different?   This monsters are all new and straight from WSBK technology.  These tires were developed less than 6 months ago, that is some speedy trickle down!!  Check with your local vendor for new reduced pricing for 2011 and customer loyalty programs. 

Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

red900

It's true, Pirelli is not offering any official contingency program this season.  But lets not forget that the pricing has dropped for 2011 and that contingency only helps if you are in a position to win it.  With light grid turnouts and paybacks only so far back, most riders will never see a dollar.  
Lets not forget what is so special about Pirelli and what makes us stand out amongst our competition.  How about a company that constantly improves their products year after year, and has introduced updated/gourndbreaking products every season. No other brand does this.
I also see the products are priced well for the quality of product you are receiving. Pirelli is priced $100 a set cheaper than some of the competition.

Last season in the midwest, Pirelli finally put up an organized effort to win the championship and they won it. Taking it away from previous tire company by a landslide. This was by a guy riding only a 600cc machine racing it in 6 classes, 4 of which were against liter bikes. He broke the ccs lap record at Heartland Park and was within 2 tenths of the overall lap record at Blackhawk, which was set on a 1000cc bike. He holds the fastest 600cc lap at BHF. As a matter of fact, if you look over the Midwest CCS results Pirelli has won 26 of 40 championships in 2010, 19 of 40 championships in 2009 and 21 of 37 championships in 2008. Pirelli has held the lightweight class championship in the MW since back when Ed Key walked uphill to school both ways.
In the other main racing series, how quickly has latest technology developed been sent down to the consumer? As for Pirelli, actual changes made at WSBK and WSS level racing make it down to the consumer level in less than one year in most cases. Pirelli does this every year, sometimes several times a season.
Sure, i am a Pirelli Vendor but lets be clear, Long before i was a dealer i chose Pirelli and always will as long as they keep offering me as a consumer the cutting edge technology at a reasonable price.

Please give Pirelli a try this season if you have not, You just may love them like so many others do.  

Thanks
Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC  - Midwest Pirelli Vendor
Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

ronaldo9

Who is the vendor on the east coast. Also any official pricing sent out yet?
CCS #119 AM

Gixxerblade

Fast Eddy

Am I just not reading the CCS contingency page correct? Pirelli is on it.
Ed (AKA Dirt nap) CCS #102
http://www.southeastsales.com/
The liver is evil and must be punished!
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

Knightslugger

much like the other 14 sponsors on that list, it is "pending", as in "it might not happen folks, so don't count on it"...

benprobst

What in the hell is a CCS track record?
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

Gixxerblade

red900

Quote from: benprobst on February 16, 2011, 05:19:17 PM
What in the hell is a CCS track record?
Based on what i have seen, it's not really something you should worry about  :) 
Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

Mike829

Quote from: red900 on February 16, 2011, 08:53:24 PM
Based on what i have seen, it's not really something you should worry about  :) 

HAHAHAHA!, yeah at least not at Blackawk.  nothing beats the winter blues like a little off season smack-talk.  oh, and +1 for pirellis, they came out with a new tire for my 1000 at the last round which helped me drop a second and finish 3rd in all 3 of my races(which is fine when you only see hall and farrel out front)  can't wait to try these new ones dustin!!!
Mike #829EX
Madison Sportbikes Racing

red900

Mike, lets not forget you getting into the 10's for the first time in 2009 when i got you and runte to try those new 180's.....   I think you are looking at 9's with this new rubber.     

Honestly Mike, Thanks for being a loyal customer for so many years......
Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

Mike829

UUUUUrrrrrr welcome!  and thanks for getting me faster all these years!  exactly what a great tire guy does.
Mike #829EX
Madison Sportbikes Racing