2011 Tire Contingency Pirelli / Bridgestone / Continental / Michelin / Dunlop

Started by game, January 16, 2011, 11:58:32 PM

game

Please post here as soon as you get any details!!! Every single one of these guys tell me "We're working on it" Come on!!!!

Eric Kelcher

We will post it on the contingency portion of the CCSRacing.us website as we get details with requirements, classes, awards, links, and if registration is needed.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Gixxerblade

Word has it that Pirelly isn't offering contingency this year. They are just lowering the price of tires a few bucks.

Eric Kelcher

Pirelli has released their program for the year then redone their contingency program after season starts the last several years.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

poppop587

If you were at the banquet you got a Pirelli sheet that stated that there would be no contingency paid this year.  They have lowered the price of the tires.  I know that the price went from 415 to 370 for the SV.  Rich inferred that there would probably be so sort of loyalty program for the consistent winners but had no details on this program at the banquet.  Another reason why having a seperate race for the larger bikes in LW now would not be a big deal.  Field size does not matter if there is no contingency.

gkotlin

Did not get this flyer.  Did not know about this until today.  We got seated up the stairs, so we didn't get to much of any info or to hear anything up there.  Hopefully Pirelli will change their mind.  We'll have to see. 
Greg K.
CCS MW Expert # 12
2000 SV 650 - 1989 FZR 400
Vinylsaurusrex.com - Cyclepath Racing - Safety First Racing - STT

tstruyk

Quote from: poppop587 on January 18, 2011, 11:19:26 AM
Another reason why having a seperate race for the larger bikes in LW now would not be a big deal.  Field size does not matter if there is no contingency.

Assuming the entire field runs Pirelli...
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

poppop587

Remember that the guys in the race who do not feel that they will be in the spots to get contingency will probably all be running Pirelli to save the money on every set of tires that they buy.  This will be contingency for anyone who chooses to buy tires, not just the winners.  In a sport where attendance is down, this is a way to attract new riders who know they won't be up front, but will not have to scrimp on tires because of lack of contingency money.  It is better for the class to have more on the grid than to have a few who are already running up front to get the only break on tires.

tstruyk

If that were the case everyone would already be on conti's.  But I do appreciate your spin on making this a better opportunity to get the big bikes outta lightweight.  I don't agree with it, but it was a nice spin regardless lol.  Problem is if its better for the class to have more on the grid, then diluting ANY class is counter productive.  To me (and I was on pirelli last year) knocking $30 a set off a price tag isn't incentive enough to swing me one way or another. 
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

benprobst

Quote from: poppop587 on February 08, 2011, 10:51:19 PM
Remember that the guys in the race who do not feel that they will be in the spots to get contingency will probably all be running Pirelli to save the money on every set of tires that they buy.  This will be contingency for anyone who chooses to buy tires, not just the winners.  In a sport where attendance is down, this is a way to attract new riders who know they won't be up front, but will not have to scrimp on tires because of lack of contingency money.  It is better for the class to have more on the grid than to have a few who are already running up front to get the only break on tires.

? With the discount their tires are now about the same price as everything but Dunlop.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

red900

Has anyone else posted contingency?  Dont be surprised if you see others start pulling back also, there just are not enough riders / sales to give so much away... 
Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

Andi

Quote from: red900 on February 13, 2011, 08:12:00 AM
Has anyone else posted contingency?  Dont be surprised if you see others start pulling back also, there just are not enough riders / sales to give so much away... 
Michelin has
https://www.xtrm.com/michelin/index2.htm