BRAND new 03 TZ update???

Started by Chef, April 20, 2003, 10:03:35 AM

Chef

Super_Duck ???.......

(in the words of the old Marvin Gaye song)

whats goin on ?

<iiiiii yiyiyiyi yiyi yiyi yi yiaaa>    8)
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

YTAK_Racing

He's as giddy as a little school girl.  ::)

EX#996

Ooooo....  Jack you are so good!   ;)

Brian:

That bike needs a touch of color.

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

lbk

Super_Duck it was nice to meet you on Sat. that bike is even better in person. :D

By the way can't remember your real name, I'm sorry I'm horrible with names. It was nice talking to you for sure!

Super_KC124

"Big guy on litlle bike. Big guy on little bike." ;D ;D

TZDeSioux

lbk.. nice meeting you too. Hope to see you racing at the May blackhawk.

Well... I almost got to finish breaking in my bike. Got to blackhawk 7 am to a wet track and managed to heat cycle my bike 3 times before the first session. Since I was going to use the whole day to break the motor in I asked to run a few session in the intermediate group so that I didn't get in anyones way. The first 2 sessions were wet and I made sure to start about a minute after the whole group took off so that I could ride at my own pace since brand new slicks and a wet track don't really go together very well. I managed to get in about 4 laps while keeping the rpm down to 8 grand. Needless to say, the bike was SLOW. The fact that I ran BIG jets didn't help either but I guess that's how you break in a brand new GP bike. The funny thing was that I ended up at the back end of the group by about my second lap and had to pull in the clutch and blip my throttle so that my bike wouldn't die in some of the corners. We were seriously creeping through some of the corners. I actually cracked up under my helmet.

The second session was better. It was starting to dry up a wee bit. I got in about 5 laps or so and got the revs up to 9k. So I had a few more sessions to go before I could really rev it. I decided that the next session around that I'd go ride in the advanced group since a dry line was forming.

The sun was shining during the third session and the track was dry with a few wet spots. This session was pretty uneventful except for the fact that I found out how out of shape I've become over the long winter. I got the revs up to 10k for this session and did only about 6 laps because my ankle and calves were burning. I could barely hang on. I was dying out there even at the SLOW pace I was running. But I did notice how smooth the track was.

The fourth session was last of my break in runs. I got the revs up to 11k and lasted 4 laps before I had to pull in due to my lack of physical conditioning. All in all.. the bike feels just like my old bike except it's amazingly stable under braking. My 98 used to move around a bit under hard braking but the 03 is super solid. Not sure if it's the radial brakes or the traxxion forks. I can't wait to lean out the carbs and run it hard at RA. Oh yeah.. and Tobias(diesel748) came out to give me a hand. :)

Chef

WHAT SEXY BIKE !!!

just imagine it with paint and ME on it  :o

i thought i read earlier that you were weight trainin ???
i guess it was "wait" training..... CANT WAIT TILL ITS TIME TO EAT !!!  ;D
Dang, Mang! wah choo do, Bro.?, eat the whole chalupa ???
ok, ok,....
ay,
good thing i had my fall already for the season, now you can let me ride it after you get it broken in and fast!!!   ;D

GLAD you finally got your fix,..... man!, was i buzzin after that first BHF weekend, but i feel it coming back on !!!
IS IT THURSDAY YET  ;D

B.,
you know im just joking bout the weight thing, DONT make me look too bad, we're bud's, memba???
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

Steviebee

ok i gotta to ask ?

I never had a 2 stroke anything so i have no clue ?

What's with the revving instead of idleing ?

Cant that thing idle ??  Why the constant reeemmm,  reeemm  reemm   reeemm  ??

There was a guy there sunday with a honda 2 stroke and it would just sit and idle ??   What gives ?

Dawn

QuoteCant that thing idle ??  Why the constant reeemmm,  reeemm  reemm   reeemm  ??

He just has a twitch in his wrist that's all....   ;D

Dawn   ;)

TZDeSioux

Quoteok i gotta to ask ?

I never had a 2 stroke anything so i have no clue ?

What's with the revving instead of idleing ?

Cant that thing idle ??  Why the constant reeemmm,  reeemm  reemm   reeemm  ??

There was a guy there sunday with a honda 2 stroke and it would just sit and idle ??   What gives ?

Steve.. A real GP bike like the Yamaha TZ, Honda RS, and Aprilia RSV don't idle. If you don't rev it.. it dies. An Aprilia RS250 cup bike, Yamaha TZR, Honda NSR will idle since they are streetbikes.  :)

TZDeSioux

QuoteWHAT SEXY BIKE !!!

just imagine it with paint and ME on it  :o

i thought i read earlier that you were weight trainin ???
i guess it was "wait" training..... CANT WAIT TILL ITS TIME TO EAT !!!  ;D
Dang, Mang! wah choo do, Bro.?, eat the whole chalupa ???
ok, ok,....
ay,
good thing i had my fall already for the season, now you can let me ride it after you get it broken in and fast!!!   ;D

GLAD you finally got your fix,..... man!, was i buzzin after that first BHF weekend, but i feel it coming back on !!!
IS IT THURSDAY YET  ;D

B.,
you know im just joking bout the weight thing, DONT make me look too bad, we're bud's, memba???

Let me tell you.. my goal was to get down to 180lbs but Thanksgiving and Christmas killed me man. I think I ended up gaining weight. I am one out of shape mofo. I hope I can run race pace at RA without dying. :)