News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

what are good times at vir/summit for a first time

Started by bmfgsxr, April 20, 2003, 06:38:42 AM

bmfgsxr

just like the title says. whats a good time for a first time at these tracks as a new expert? thanks

Baltobuell

In LW, 1:20 is flying at Summit. I don't know about the 600's

r6_philly

with 600's, winning VIR with '33-'34, winning summit with '17

bmfgsxr

thanks. i wasnt planning on winning at either track my first time out since i just ran vir for my first time ever, on a new bike, and as a season opener, and i was racing with a couple guys who were running 38's 39's according to them. so i was wondering what some other people ran down there for their first time to see if i was a quicker learner than most. i only ran two races down there though. i expect to drop a couple easy seconds off that my next time down. and as far as summit, well im racing there may 2/3 and just wanted a ball park number to shoot for. thanks again.

bfkidd

Didn't you know that everyone on here wins every race they enter? I mean, you don't think a bunch of backmarkers would sit at their computer all day long do you?

bmfgsxr

QuoteDidn't you know that everyone on here wins every race they enter? I mean, you don't think a bunch of backmarkers would sit at their computer all day long do you?

well, i was used to winning or at least top 3 in just about every race i ran last year... but that was ameture...

ekraft84

bmf .. what's your name again?  you ran MGP last year right?
Eddie Kraft - #48
Witchkraft Racing
Honda East Racing - Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Aprilia

bmfgsxr

Quotebmf .. what's your name again?  you ran MGP last year right?

i actually didnt run any middleweight gp last year since that was a late race on sunday, and i hate getting home late on sunday night. but my name is Jon Gibson. did you race up at loudon?

r6_philly

Hey did you get a time for yourself at VIR? I know the 3 guys that finished before and after you in GTU, and they couldn't have been doing 38's I don't think, maybe consistent 40's... unless they are a lot faster this year. But then you never know. I end up doing about 38's and lead an entire race...
AM though.

I timed EX's last year at summit and MW races were won with 17-18's. mid pack was around 20. AM's are closer there. I think 19's will win next weekend. I want to do all 19's... we will see... Hope to see ya there

bmfgsxr

one guy i spoke with said his best ever there was a 36, and he qualified for an ama race. but  said 39's for sure. the other guy i talked to said he was being timed with a stop watch by his girl and he was on the borderline of 38's/39's. who knows. im not too worried about it since it was my first time there, and on a new bike. but i did feel good out there considering that. ill be racing sat. and sun at summit, so look for my bike 629 and say whats up. here is a link to a few pictures down at vir so you know what the bike looks like. http://www.gixxer.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=offthewall&page=13

:thumbup: