tentative MW schedule

Started by Greeny, January 05, 2011, 06:31:20 PM

Greeny

i hate the be the guy asking when the schedule will be complete, but to be fair, tomorrow is the last date to get your license and keep your number.  so is it safe to assume the TC round on the july 4th weekend is not only at road america but will definitely be a part of the schedule?  i only ask because this could possibly be a determining factor as to whether or not some of us in the MW will be racing with ccs this year, and we don't want to waste the money on a license we're not gonna use.  thanks!

trace33chargers

motomaniac

I think if you still haven't sent your signed copy in yet you are a little late already..
Ex#61

Greeny

you think wrong :D

haha, but yea it's due tomorrow. 

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: motomaniac on January 05, 2011, 09:23:47 PMI think if you still haven't sent your signed copy in yet you are a little late already..

WHAT?

Am I the only one who just received their CCS license renewal in the mail? I hadn't even opened it yet and was shocked to read this thread just tonight and see that the due date for same # renewal is tomorrow.

:wtf:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Noidly1

Why did you wait for the mailer?
You shoulda downloaded the form and mailed it in. I did that over a month ago.
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

TrophyGal

Quote from: Greeny on January 05, 2011, 06:31:20 PM
i hate the be the guy asking when the schedule will be complete, but to be fair, tomorrow is the last date to get your license and keep your number.  so is it safe to assume the TC round on the july 4th weekend is not only at road america but will definitely be a part of the schedule?  i only ask because this could possibly be a determining factor as to whether or not some of us in the MW will be racing with ccs this year, and we don't want to waste the money on a license we're not gonna use.  thanks!

Kevin will be at the MW banquet tomorrow night - why don't you ask him about this in person?

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: Noidly1 on January 07, 2011, 02:08:22 PMWhy did you wait for the mailer. You shoulda downloaded the form and mailed it in.

That's the way I've done it since I started racing in 1996. What's the purpose of the license renewal being included in the mailer if it's not going to be delivered in a reasonable amount of time to be used? That not only seems like a waste of postage to me, but it's also being sent out during the busiest time of the entire year for the Post Office (which means you never know how long it's going to take to get something thru the mail at that time). If CCS wants to switch to license forms being 'download only' then so be it, but as far as I understood it that is not the case currently and I had no reason to expect this season's renewal to be any different than in the past.

The thing that kinda burns my ass is the delay is usually because of the TENTATIVE race schedule being included, which I think is ridiculous based on the problems that schedule creates as a result (late delivery of renewal packets, racers using that schedule and ending up at events that were moved, etc). I remember in the past when we use to get the end of season / license renewal packets much earlier than we have in recent years. If a TENTATIVE race schedule needs to be made available (for those who have to schedule vacation time at work or whatever) then in the end of season packet say where that information can be found online and make it available either here or on CCS's main website and update it as dates get confirmed and/or changed. Once the schedule is finalized mail it out with the new race licenses - simple solution that streamlines CCS thru reduced stress (no pressure to get the race schedule dates confirmed ASAP so the end of season mailer can be printed and mailed out), reduces the printing and mail costs of the 'end of season / license renewal' packet, license renewals will start coming back to CCS sooner because they could be printed and mailed out earlier, and doing this eliminates multiple (potentially different) printed schedules for the same season from being released.

I have no idea if I will be able to race this season or not, but I still would have renewed my number if it hadn't been for this situation. Now that I can't renew my number there's no reason for me to get a license if I don't race this season....hmmmm, wait a minute though.....then I could come back as an Amateur in 2012!  :thumb:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Greeny

Quote from: TrophyGal on January 07, 2011, 02:21:41 PM
Kevin will be at the MW banquet tomorrow night - why don't you ask him about this in person?

will do.  i just started this thread and called the office with a few questions hoping i could get some answers before the renewal date.  oh well.

vale46

How long is the Midwest schedule going to tentative. It sure would be nice to be able to plan things. If something is not etched in stone my wife is going to make me go to the Mall of America on those dates.
CCS #58
2008 Sponsors Burke Engineering, Lithium Motorsports, Monster Energy, Iowa City Motorsports, Vortex,  Leo Vince
Lockhart Phillips, Pirelli

funsizeracing

I too am waiting for the final schedule to be posted. 
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com