News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

LW Thunderbike?

Started by Gino230, December 07, 2010, 08:33:20 PM

PlayHard

Quote from: majicMARKer on December 22, 2010, 12:32:47 PM
Sooooo...what you are saying is that Fischer currently offers the best program of support. Ducati once did offer contingency for their lightweight bikes. I just never cashed in on it because it was still cheaper to run my FZR600 in Thunderbike and LW F40. Funny thing is I am just as quick if not quicker on my Ducati 800.

That support would end up costing you more money in the long run simply because there are No aftermarket parts for the bike, No used parts for the bike, and of course, the Chinese built motor, which who knows how long that would last.   But as far as initial support, YEAH, your right, none of the other manufactures are offering an extra set of wheels and so on for free......  I really hope the bike works out though.  Its good to see an American based company making a go at it. 
CCS / WERA EX #95

roadracer162

All of this is in speculation. My guess would be to use parts from the SV650 as far as replacement parts. Although it may be a Korean spec bike it does take it's origin from the SV much like the Kazuma four wheeler. Incidentally my buddy used a Honda piston in the Kazuma because that was also a copy/clone of the Honda. The ironic thing is that the Kazuma tech support suggested the Honda piston.

As far as aftermarket parts it does come with the Woodcraft clip-on and rear-set which I favor. Ohlins bits in the suspension give it a leg up on the competition. As far as set-up cost and speaking to my pit partner about his set-up on his stock SV, the cost to set-up the SV was the same as the cost for purchase of the Fischer. What the Fischer doesn't have to start is the race bodywork which any brand used for the SV would work.

I would think the Fischer is much like the Buell. American built, American company and the hope that they will succeed.

I seem to remember a Hyosung entering a race and doing well. Can't remember where and when though. The Fischer of course is really a Hyosung with some cool parts. I am curious as to the frame on the Fischer.

Marc- I never really had a problem with the rear tire on the FZR. I think what would make a bigger impact is losing some weight from the bike, and putting those awesome Brembo brakes that come on the Ducati. I honestly believe that the Ducati front forks coupled with the Brembo brakes are far superior to the '98 R1 forks and brake I have on the FZR. I will put the FZR back together again though and see what I can achieve out of it.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

ChitownNexus

Is this new class starting this year or next season?

If they combined it with LWSS wouldn't their be a pretty good speed differential between a SS SV and a more or less stock Ninja 250R?

roadracer162

It did start just not everywhere. Maybe you could bargain away to get it in your region.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

James Bayles

I've been traveling (from South Florida) to make the E Super Stock WERA races, 18-20 bikes each meeting so far. They have been giving us our own race even! Really close finishes too, more than three positions decided by fractions of a second.  CCS really does need some smaller bore classes, or maybe I'm just too wimpy to chase those fast guys on the LWT twins, my times on a 650R are not even competitive. ( I am making the podium on the 250s)  I could speak for probably 3-4 riders (south east) if we were to get it on a race schedule.  I like to think I'm just being honest with myself, I am  just not capable of riding the snot out of anything over 30 hp, let alone 60 or 100hp (yet), how many of you really are?

roadracer162

James- I am sure if you could get say 15 guys together that would compete in the class, Henry would be glad to put the race in the schedule.

Find the guys with a committment from them and you will have a strong argument to make it happen.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

MAZZ77X

The lack of advertising and publicity for this class is shameful.

How the hell does anyone expect a new class to succeed if there is virtually no official press release or announcements made regarding it. I know there are at least 5 guys chomping at the bit to dive in but it seems so unorganized.

I should have my bike together for the next round if I can sell my 600 soon! Really looking forward to this!!!

bruce71198

Does anyone have contact info on Fischer ?  He used to race with us in the MW region back in the 90's. I tried to contact him through the web site, no luck.
I picked up a crashed 08 Ninja 250 , that was for sale in a front yard, just cause it was cheap. If this class comes together ,i'm in !!

roadracer162

How many Ninja 250 riders are on here that would ride the Florida Region??

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Tri74x

I would be in on an old Honda 350. I believe the bike is legal in LWTB, plus- don't have to work on it!

roadracer162

Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

CHIRINOM

Hey guys,

I know that I am jumping into this a little late but I recently aquired an 08 250 with intensions of racing up north since they have a class for it. I am located in Miami Florida and would love to see the class offered in the CCS Florida region. I know a few other guys who have also purchased EX250's and a few who are considering it. Henry tells us that he would add the class if there is a sufficient grid.

If the the CCS Ultra Light Weight Thunder bike rules are applied, I think that this would be a very affordable and very competetive class that is long over due. I have raced GP bikes for several years and although I love GP bikes I find it difficult to make it out there due to budget constraints. For instance, I am in need of reeds, a piston, cylinder replating, five gallons of leaded fuel, oil, and a set of tires. The ninja rode an entire track day on one tank of gas and the tires still look new. A Spec SV class like the SV cup would be cool but I think that the Ninja EX250r would really provide the best bang for the buck all around.

If you are interested please see our face book page www.facebook.om/specclassracing

Thanks!

Miguel Chirino
Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com