News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Daytona 2011 ????

Started by gixxerzoli, November 29, 2010, 11:43:04 AM

SV88

Daytona was better when we had a decent infield but to me it still lacked variety with a flat infield.  This is where TWS shines in my humble opinion.  Now with the new configuration it is closer to a drag strip since 70% of the lap is spent on the banking.
RA is a little better and I like it because it has elevation changes and I had my first and only 2 wins there ever.  However it could use more corners.  Those 3 long straights are awfully long particularly on an SS SV.
Mid O, Barber, VIR, Hallett, Gingerman, Grattan - now those tracks rock for motorcycles....
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

roadracer162

I am certainly with you Henry and Greg. I share the same sentiments to have at least had the experience and being sucked into the draft. It is One of the "Great" racetracks whether for cars or motorcycles.

I do believe the auro that abounds Daytona is that it is primarily a builders track. Build a great bike and you will have an advantage. Build an awesome reliable bike and it will make it to the end. One of these days I hope to do one of those Team Challenge races there even if it's on my FZR400.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Team Spalding

I love Daytona. We have not missed a round in 3 years.
Joel Spalding
CCS & ASRA #36

Sponsors: Michelin, Ducati Of Indy, Wife Cindy, Held Gloves, Southeast Sales.

Ducmarc

If there wasn't some kind of allure unique to the place you would not see some many riders show up from europe and japan one year I pitted next to a mexican team they drove the whole way here.  I think most come for the ahrmadillo races but race ccs also. You have think there are some guys in some far off country discussing this same topic right now.    Roebling where? Georgia? Is that near Poland?

tug296

I like Roebling Road, great flowing etc, just raced a Corvette there last weekend, great fun, but much more fun on the bike.
Guy from Texas crashed his 2009 ZO-6 into the pit wall at about 130 after cutting turn 9 to close to the inside rumble strips, he was hitting 150+ and 1.17 laps, car destroyed, he was lucky to get out with a broken ankle, broken wrist and a puncture to his neck from his seat belt's, then airbags knocked him out.
Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

f3racer

get an ama competition license and run daytona.
Will
Former CCS MW Novice #81, WERA Novice #81
AHRMA Heavyweight SBK #81, DD's Racing Endurance Team #773
2020 Tuono Factory, 2000 RC51, 1980 CB750/823

motomaniac

Quote from: f3racer on December 02, 2010, 10:52:11 AM
get an ama competition license and run daytona.
$450 for a license is a little pricey if you ask me.
Ex#61

f3racer

Will
Former CCS MW Novice #81, WERA Novice #81
AHRMA Heavyweight SBK #81, DD's Racing Endurance Team #773
2020 Tuono Factory, 2000 RC51, 1980 CB750/823

d-wire

While I would hardly call a track with 6 corners a "great racetrack" ......it is fun as hell to ride.  Getting a big draft out of nascar 4.....and throwing it into turn 1 on the brakes is a blast.  But racing there.......eh........

I might do the AMA round there.  I wonder how bad the place will be on tires after the repave.
Dunlop, Crush Leathers, DCDecals.net, GPBikes Inc, Acme PowderCoating, Sharkskinz, Leo VInce, Bazzaz
FL region #2

MACOP1104

Quote from: d-wire on December 06, 2010, 08:39:21 AM
While I would hardly call a track with 6 corners a "great racetrack" ......it is fun as hell to ride.  Getting a big draft out of nascar 4.....and throwing it into turn 1 on the brakes is a blast.  But racing there.......eh........

I might do the AMA round there.  I wonder how bad the place will be on tires after the repave.

Dunlop is testing there on Dec 18-19th,  They'll make new tires off of the results then test again before the AMA race.  Then again, things might change after the cars get out there.

ahastings

Unfortunately the first CCS round at roebling is the same weekend as the AMA races at Daytona.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor