News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Happy Thanksgiving CCS!!

Started by chaplain220, November 24, 2010, 11:25:34 AM

chaplain220

Happy Thanksgiving Kneedraggers!!  Been a tough year for many who have struggled with the loss of loved ones, so I thought it might be fitting as Thanksgiving is upon us to get a little insight from the original peeps that set things in motion.  On Nov 9th, 1620, following a decade of threats from kings and countries, bishops and businessmen, facing setbacks, failures, illness, attitudes, uprisings, starvation and 65 days at sea, a tiny ship named Mayflower, with her cargo of average people, sits off the coast of what will become mankind's greatest hope for freedom in this world.  Over the next 5 months after their footprints marked the sands of the New World, half of Mayflower's 102 souls would be dead. 

After a year like that, I don't think many of us today would feel like celebrating, heck, let's face it, most of our nation's youth under  30 years of age cannot even comprehend life in such desperate conditions.  But isn't it amazing, that over the next 4 centuries, this growing people would time and time again place themselves in harms way, at home and abroad, bringing freedom, faith and hope to some of the darkest corners on the planet.  Preserving the lives of those very nations that originally birthed her, from tyrants and terror.

Thanksgiving was exactly that, everyday people, faithful people with grateful hearts saying thanks to God, and believing that all the sacrifice and pain was worth it to build a better future.  Love of hope, stronger than love of life.  There was no political correctness, the comfort and safety levels were not large enough for ACLU lawyers and liberal voices to exist yet.  But God was glorified and prayed to, and with almost every family reeling from loss of their loved ones, these were heartfelt prayers indeed.

But with comfort, safety, money and entertainment now filling our days, it is easy to eliminate the connection between mankind and God at Thanksgiving.  If you haven't prayed with your family or kids, I know it might seem awkward, but as you gather around the table, let the words come out of your mouth, feel the spark of connecting a grateful heart with the benevolent, wise and intimate God of salvation.   Jesus the Christ is our Savior, not our oppressor.  Think of it this way, without Him, we can eat our meal, watch the game, and comfortably fall asleep, ignoring the fact that we lose more people everyday than the first colonists lost in a year...but we lose them to violent crime, drunk drivers, selfish conduct and suicide.   Something to chew on as we share this special time with our families and friends.  You guys are my family, #220.

Cowboy 6

Amen. Surely we have a lot to be thankful for even in the midst of chaos.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

Ducmarc

We think we have it bad three guarters of the world wishes they could eat a turkey tonight