Lightweight rules 2011?

Started by Gino230, November 24, 2010, 10:13:32 AM

Peter998

Quote from: Farmboy on January 07, 2011, 12:00:16 AM
I don't know about the current Monster

The Penguin racing school recently replaced their fleet of Ducati Supersports with bone stock Monster 696s. From what I heard when I was up at Loudon for the classic Jeff Wood was turning laps in the 1:16 range which would have ben good enough to win several of the Expert LW class races up there. I believe that bike is $7500 new.
Peter Meringolo 2010 Expert/ASRA # 998
ECS Racing

apriliaman

In our class it is I think more about the rider then the bike.Well the difference between my SV650 and my duc 1000ds is up to 2 sec difference on most tracks.Can jeff wood jump on my SV and go the same lap time as my DUC? That would be a sight to see.What if Doug Polen jumped on my DUC? He may go 3-4 sec a lap faster.In moto-st when he raced that he was 4 sec faster then the other rider on the same bike.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

Ducmarc

Jeff is a serious rider I'm sure he tested one before making a decision. If it was a pos he would not have bought them. I've always thougt that the linked suspension would work better. I know there is some guys fooling with monsters out at willow springs.

db5

Here comes the New Ducati RS 1088 2 valve missile .
2 valve 105 HP on a sub 300lbs  package.
No more complaining about Bimotas,
check it out
http://londonbikers.com/galleries/image/1593/66012/ducati-1088rs-mcn-carole-nash-london-motorcycle-show-2011-excel

Cowboy 6

Notice the frame? How about the "P" Look familiar? That's not a Ducati 
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

MACOP1104

I'm no longer complaining about Bimotas.  I'm going to buy a Ducati 1098, remove the cylinders and put on billet cylinders with cooling fins, then I'm going to run oil thru cyl head jackets with the water pump into a huge oil cooler.   It might cost 50 grand to build but the ltwt class is the "ultimate builders class" right?  As long as it can survive one sprint race around Daytone during the ROC I'll be happy....

Ok I'm full of shit.  I'm not complaining about Bimotas because I'm doing mostly WERA for 2011...

apriliaman

Looks like a new version Pierobon
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

roadracer162

With the CCS Florida Region round completed in February I can't help but be proud. There were a lot of Expert participants many on those ultrafast Bimotas. Some of the fastest guys were on the Bimota and the Sport classic(or was it the Paul Smart)? Those guys flat out left me in the dust, but there were others on Bimotas that I ended finishing in front of. Mind you I am on a Ultralight legal Duc800. Yes there was a very fast dude on a relatively stock SV that was also up at the front. I had a great time chasing down all those fast guys and girls and I am very satisfied with my finishing results.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

smoke54

roadracer162

Thank you Tim, it was a lot of fun.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

PlayHard

Hey Mark, the big bad Bimoto's weren't so bad at Roebling now were they?  I laugh in my helmet every time I pass one on my little four thousand dollar SV.   Now you on the other hand, I had my hands full with you and your Duc.  It was some fun racing though....
CCS / WERA EX #95

roadracer162

You are right Al, but the fastest Bimotas were not there although some fast bikes were. Or more accurately some fast riders were on some very good bikes. It is very satisfying to be able to run on a budget and be competitive, but at $4000 compared to my $10K that I spent in the Duc you have every right to be satisfied.

I am not the fastest guy out there but it was fun messing with all you pesky SV riders. There are some good qualities for the SV but I also know there are some different good qualities that the Duc has. The SV appears to me to be light and nimble but with my Duc another 30# heavier is a cow in coparison. What the Duc 800 does possess is the ability to get out of the corner with it's big torque and fat 180 rear.

As for me I know I have a lot more in the tank. My Duc is capable of much better times there just not with me on it. It was too far away from home and the memories of T5 still linger. I'm not 19 anymore and I must say I am a little wiser.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22