Women's Class

Started by truckstop, October 04, 2010, 11:22:22 PM

funsizeracing

Quote from: tstruyk on October 08, 2010, 09:19:19 PM
IMO racers are racers... not male or female, just another person I need to beat... The only broad I've ever run against is as tough if not a tougher competitor than any of the guys I run against... fuckin midgets.   :ass:  when she beats me the only complaint I have is she only weighs 42 lbs and can actually gety UNDER the windscreen... standing up!  Her AM year she cut her teeth punting a kid by the name of probst at the bus stop at topeka... but i wont name any names...

You make me sound like some crazed road racing version of Jojo Bits.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels the class is unnecessary.  I came under a lot of pressure from the other girls to run the class this year, but I have a hard time supporting a class that I feel hurts women in racing more than it helps.

Unless you're trying to break a bolt loose, man-size largeness doesn't really help.
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

truckstop

Quote from: tstruyk on October 12, 2010, 09:06:06 AMIs there anyone thats comfortable racing in a field of AM MW's???   :ahhh:
Ha! That's my point! Now that I have a 600, and no LW bike, I'm guessing I'll go to HW.

Quote from: tstruyk on October 12, 2010, 09:06:06 AMturn 40 and buy an SV  :biggrin:
I have four years to go!

truckstop

Quote from: funsizeracing on October 12, 2010, 11:53:25 AMI have a hard time supporting a class that I feel hurts women in racing more than it helps.

Is this because it gives the impression that women *need* their own class?

It was super frustrating talking to spectators that had never been to an event before making the assumption that the women all raced in the women's class only, and there was a bit of shock when I pointed out Meg in one of the regular classes.

On the other hand, I've never gotten the impression that it hurts...much... any more than having an F40 class for "old people". There are fast old people, as there are (err) fast women.

I'm still curious to know if there are women who started racing because of the class.

tstruyk

Quote from: funsizeracing on October 12, 2010, 11:53:25 AM
You make me sound like some crazed road racing version of Jojo Bits.

SSSSSHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!  I was trying not to name any names...
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

spyderchick

Quote from: truckstop on October 12, 2010, 01:25:54 PM

I'm still curious to know if there are women who started racing because of the class.

Good question. I'd like to know as well.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

twilkinson3

Like I said Jen assuming not much changes try the MW round at the season openner next year...with densities where they have been I don't know you'd have a real problem with that crowd anymore (yes it's still scarier than LW but fug there's going to be like what 4 amateurs in LWSS next year????)

truckstop

Good point T. Easier to keep an eye on dodgy riders when there's only 5 people on the grid.

funsizeracing

Is this because it gives the impression that women *need* their own class?

Yes, I think that's a pretty good description of why I don't like it.

Someone should start a poll.

How many women won't race if the class is gone?
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

SoudersD

Quote from: truckstop on October 11, 2010, 11:42:53 PMThat all said, I'm more comfortable racing with F40, Thunderbike, and Lightweights, than I am racing with a field of AM Middleweights.

Tell me abou it. Having my AM ULSB class combined with AM MWGP was what got me into trouble at NJMP Lightning last time out. Came up on some slower MW's while leading ULSB, tried to take the outside to set up for the inside on the next corner when one of the MW guys stood it up mid-corner and ran me off track. I don't know why they didn't just combine us with Supertwins like usual. :rollseyes:

Quote from: skiandclimb on October 11, 2010, 10:41:18 PM
WET: White Entertainment Television. Can't do it....too racist.  :jerkoff:

They already have that, except it's called CMT.  :biggrin:

Quote from: Cowboy 6 on October 08, 2010, 12:41:45 PM
I tried that this year   ::: Didn't work ! :ass:

Haha, I think I saw you as you pulled off the grid.  :thumb:
Dave Souders
CCS AM #412 / TPM Blue
'06 SV650

DJChyk

Quote from: spyderchick on October 12, 2010, 03:14:56 PM
Good question. I'd like to know as well.
It was one of, but not the only, reason I got my license.  Being slow, new & having an older bike, I wasn't competitive in much other than LWF40 (and not even there, as it turned out), so at least it gave me another option to get out there. 

When I was first approached I was told FM paid no matter your finish.  Found out that was a only an inaugural year perk.  I'm indifferent to the class continuing.
He talked me into it
CCS AM #31
http://www.tornadobaitracing.com

skiandclimb

Quote from: funsizeracing on October 12, 2010, 11:53:25 AM
Unless you're trying to break a bolt loose, man-size largeness doesn't really help.

I can think of a couple times my "man-size largeness" has helped me out.... :spank:  :lmao:
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

MegRyan

I'd prefer not to race the class because I find myself just riding around more as a practice then I do racing. I did run the class though so that it would stick around. I do agree to a point that there shouldn't be a NEED to have the class. If you want to race your going to race no matter what.

But motocross has had a Women's class for as long as I've been racing, I haven't done any research on it to see how long it has been around. The Women that race motocross don't get told there any less of a racer because they have their own class so why should we.

So if Women start road racing only because there is a Women's class then so be it. Don't judge!!!!!!!
~Meg Ryan~