News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Women's Class

Started by truckstop, October 04, 2010, 11:22:22 PM

Knightslugger

can i run with the girls? i wont put up much of a fight, honest...

Cowboy 6

I tried that this year   ::: Didn't work ! :ass:
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

benprobst

Quote from: DJChyk on October 06, 2010, 12:42:27 PM
Missed you at BHF!!

Guess we'll see. It would be a shame if they did.  A lot of good people just want to enjoy racing without driving 10 hours & taking two days off from work.  I hate to see all the "doom & gloom" predictions about the demise of the GP region & CCS in general.  All the negativity achieves nothing.  I've been pit crew/spectator for a number of years & just started racing this past season, so my perspective is different than some, I'm sure.  Grids were light this year because of the ROC debacle, hurt feelings and the economy.  Unfortunately it only takes a few to poison the waterhole.

By a lot do you mean 14?
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

funsizeracing

I still have mixed feelings on this class.  I don't want it to go away, but I don't support it either.   I know I can't have both.
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

tstruyk

is this another time for some to argue adding more classes depletes already small grids?  IMO racers are racers... not male or female, just another person I need to beat... The only broad I've ever run against is as tough if not a tougher competitor than any of the guys I run against... fuckin midgets.   :ass:  when she beats me the only complaint I have is she only weighs 42 lbs and can actually gety UNDER the windscreen... standing up!  Her AM year she cut her teeth punting a kid by the name of probst at the bus stop at topeka... but i wont name any names...

ok seriously though... yeah its kinda cool, but really... kinda goin backwards IMO.  I dunno, either you are a racer or youre not.  Thinking of the gals that race regularily around these parts... none of them need their own class... Caudle, stiles (ryan), Apple (spooner) Paris... I dunno, I guess its a less "intimidating" introduction to racing, but... I dunno.    I dont think its necessary... but it doesnt impact me either way.  Good for you if you get it, I just dont see the need.  Come race with the boys, we typically dont bite unless provocted.  Just watch out for Speedy after his third beer and a rogue clothes stealing bear...   

BTW... rockin my pink bracelet this month!   :cheers:
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

tstruyk

Quote from: Cowboy 6 on October 08, 2010, 12:41:45 PM
I tried that this year   ::: Didn't work ! :ass:

thats awesome... wish I had thought of that
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

skiandclimb

The following is my wife's opinion, and her's alone, but I thought it was interesting enough to post up her female perspective...

"Why is there a "girl only" series with CCS? You can't come into a male-dominated sport and just expect them to make a special class for you. If you want to race- you should race, regardless of sex. Anyways, aren't there a bunch of girls who can already kick the boy's asses?  The bike doesn't care if you're a guy or a girl...just race!"   End quote.

Timmay- watch out, she's also a midget!!!!

#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

Cowboy 6

My wife said the same thing.

Now that we are quoting women, I have to say that it is pretty much what I  have been thinking all along as well.

Kind of like Miss Black America...
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

skiandclimb

WET: White Entertainment Television. Can't do it....too racist.  :jerkoff:
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

truckstop

I've honestly always been torn about it. I don't think it's necessary, a racer is gonna race, but still supported it because of the potential to draw more women to the sport. It was also a good opportunity for some of the fast girls to make some money.

Was it successful? I'm not sure. Bad economy when all the other classes are floundering anyway is maybe a bad time to judge.

That all said, I'm more comfortable racing with F40, Thunderbike, and Lightweights, than I am racing with a field of AM Middleweights.

tstruyk

QuoteThat all said, I'm more comfortable racing with F40, Thunderbike, and Lightweights, than I am racing with a field of AM Middleweights.

Is there anyone thats comfortable racing in a field of AM MW's???   :ahhh:

turn 40 and buy an SV  :biggrin:

Kuhn your wife rocks!   :cheers:  We need to get out for some single track!
CCS GP/ASRA  #85

spyderchick

Quote from: truckstop on October 11, 2010, 11:42:53 PM
I've honestly always been torn about it. I don't think it's necessary, a racer is gonna race, but still supported it because of the potential to draw more women to the sport. It was also a good opportunity for some of the fast girls to make some money.

Was it successful? I'm not sure. Bad economy when all the other classes are floundering anyway is maybe a bad time to judge.

That all said, I'm more comfortable racing with F40, Thunderbike, and Lightweights, than I am racing with a field of AM Middleweights.

I feel the same way, I never minded running with the guys (LW) and Rhiannon ran with the guys in a variety of classes, including 600s both at the club and pro level. Neither of us ever had a women's class to run in, so I don't know if we would have.

It takes a certain type of personality to race, and we still have a mental glass ceiling amongst women. Racing is one sport where you can be equal and being smaller is not necessarily a handicap. The big thing is getting over the fear of crashing and getting hurt. If a female is doing trackdays, once they are comfortable handling the bike, they should be able to race. I think many doubt themselves and their abilities, but the guys who've never raced are in the same boat, they're just less hesitant about taking the next step. I think if some of these women see it in a different light, they might be more likely to move over to racing. Some may be having a blast doing trackdays, and that's fine too.

Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".