News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Going to PBIR for the first time

Started by EnvyCycles, September 24, 2010, 11:03:45 PM

EnvyCycles

Hey whats up guys,

Im going to PBIR for the first time. Can you guys school me on the setup, garages, practices, power etc.

Also i will be bringing my 06 GSXR 600 and the 08 GSXR 1000, what gearing is suited for that track for these bikes.

Thanks,
D.Rod
Team Envy Racing CCS #800
Racing Connection, LP USA-Bazzaz Performance, Cycle Gear, Alien Motion Batteries, Vortex Racing, LeoVince USA, Hotbodies Racing, Ballistic Apparel, Parts411

roadracer162

Well to start with there are no garages, no power and no shade unless you bring your own tree. A canopy is your friend. You will set-up on the grass somewhere but at least it isn't a long haul to get where you need to go.

The big air conditioned tent is registration and it usually goes pretty fast. There is Saturday practice all day(about 7 sessions). gates are open at 0800hrs and practice begins at 0900hrs. Expert, Combined and then Amateur. 600s and 1000s practice together.

The fastest guys (EX) are getting around in the 1:16 range. It is a 10 turn track that runs clockwise and have lots of grip. The back straight is a 6/10 ths mile straight that you will do a little draft passing. The walls will be the first part for you to get your mind around. There is a great deal of safety barrier somewhere in the length of 2500ft.

I can't help on the gearing due to the fact that I run lightweight stuff.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

EnvyCycles

Mark thanks for the info.
A few more questions.
Do people leave the bikes at the track over night? is it safe?
Will there be a dyno guy at the track?
Will they be a suspension guy there?
Racing Connection, LP USA-Bazzaz Performance, Cycle Gear, Alien Motion Batteries, Vortex Racing, LeoVince USA, Hotbodies Racing, Ballistic Apparel, Parts411

firefightergarcia

i leave my bike in the trailer overnight. No dyno guy. And Eric fron GMD suspensions will probably be there..
CCS Expert #911

roadracer162

Everyone leaves their trailers at the track. Some leave their bikes out of the trailer and they have been alright for the most part. There have been some sticky fingers in the past but that was actually during the event where he would walk up to the open trailer and walk off with tire warmers.

As far as leaving it out overhingt I suggest that you don't if you want to see it the next day. Security is there but noone will guarantee it's safety. Many times the drag-strip or the Karting track will be running at the same time so there will be other spectators at times.

Typically no dyno guy but sometimes there is. Suspension guy is at least Eric with GMD for all of your suspension needs.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

tug296

The local Corvette club was there a couple of months ago, ran the course backwards from motorcycles.
Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

EnvyCycles

Hey any vendors going to PBIR?
Do any of you guys have spare sets of D-ring fasteners i can grab from you at the track on satu morning?

roadracer162

Prieto Racing is usually there as well as MotoCorse.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

EnvyCycles

Guys thanks for the info, made my weekend go alot smoother.

roadracer162

Cool. Next stop Homestead for the ROC and Homestead again in December.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22