Peter Lenz

Started by chaplain220, August 29, 2010, 10:49:47 PM

chaplain220

We learned of this tragedy today while we were wrenching on the Daytonasportbikes team bike, one of our lightweight guys that knew Peter took it real hard. A painful loss to our racing family that a life so young and full of potential is ended this way, but it does serve a poignant reminder that those who dare to throw a leg over, and prove their abilities against their fellow man on these machines, are truly hero material, whether testing the track for the first time with yellow plates, or beating down the sharks with some white behind their numbers, all deserve a nod of respect for choosing the warriors path. Not saying that all are perfect, but overall, we choose to embrace life and friendship at a level most people will not understand.

I think it also points out the very simple and often overlooked reality that all physical life must cease it's existence in the way we understand it. Youth, health and wealth are no guarantee that anyone will see the setting of the sun on any given day. But having hope beyond this life, lets us rise to the sun and say, "bring what you will this day, for I will not tread lightly in this world." With Christ as Savior, the worst of this physical life, will only bring me closer to eternal life. Rest well Peter, you have lived more than most 80 year olds will experience, and your adventurous spirit will hopefully inspire many more to embrace a full life.  It's an honor to grid with you bros, and from all of us at CSBRacing and Daytonasportbikes, our heartfelt prayers to Peter's family and friends. 

MELK-MAN

God speed little buddy. Terrible news..
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

tug296

Very sad, condolences to his family.
Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

RuschRacing23

Wow...This is really bad news. Even though ive never had a chance to meet Peter, I knew enough about him to know he was going places. It sincerely hurts to hear another road racer is lost and at such a young age. Sometimes its hard for me to choke down the losses we encounter as extreme sports athletes yet I know that we are so in touch as a group that we can get through this. The Lenz family is in this group and together we can help them in such a hard time. All I ask is that if you pray, to pray for the Lenz family and if you dont pray to send them your best wishes. If youve ever lost someone you know how hard it can be and they need our support. There is no group on earth I'd rather have behind me in a moment of hardship....I honestly love our community and our tightness as a group. Lets use this unique gift we were given as racers to help them.........
Ride for Him, Live for Him

CCS Midwest- #3:16 Expert
2007 GSXR 600/ 2001 SV 650

Christian Sportbike Racing
CSBRacing.com

Look for the Red, White, Blue tent

The Speedy Carrot

Very sorry to hear this. Godspeed.
CCS Am # 371

Jeff

A very charmed young individual, from a family who quite obviously cared deeply for him and the sport they all loved...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

jigs

God speed.Peter,thoughts and prayers to the family.....I guess it was on the warm up lap? What the hell happened.Just terrible news.

twilkinson3

Very sad to hear - R.I.P. lil brother

Noidly1

'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

K3 Chris Onwiler

Quote from: chaplain220 on August 29, 2010, 10:49:47 PM
But having hope beyond this life, lets us rise to the sun and say, "bring what you will this day, for I will not tread lightly in this world."   
Amen.  Thanks Padre.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Cowboy 6

Prayers here for his family and remembering Alex.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

Bruce Lind

Quote from: jigs on August 30, 2010, 10:39:58 AM
I guess it was on the warm up lap? What the hell happened.

He ran over the curb and lost control of the bike.  Wound up on the ground and was hit by a following rider.